WWW?

• Zverev

• Auger-Aliassime

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16,413 Posts
Not really.

0-2 H2H against Zverev in straight sets. He's lost 5/5 finals, all in straight sets, that suggests he has mental issues in them. He hasn't been playing the likes of the Big 3 in them. He should've won a couple. Zverev is in better form, is the better player and has vastly more experience in big matches.

You're the gambler, so back him if you want. He may win, but if I was a betting man I'd back Zverev.
He‘s played Djere and Paire on clay, the first as outside 100 ranked, Berrettini on grass, Monfils and Tsitsipas on HC.

He was the underdog in every one of those matches.

He didn‘t lose them because of mental issues, and if he wins one its cause he‘s due.

Don‘t be an idiot. Someone like FAA won‘t forever be contained to 0 titles, and the player he beats won‘t be a mug for it.

Reactions: Sparlingo

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Zverev is better in finals and has FAA’s number so I expect Zverev to win in straights but nothing is guaranteed of course.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Haven’t seen any Koln matches to make any bold predictions but overcoming RBA is a good sign for FAA. Now a B2B victory vs the more physically dominant Zverev might b too much to ask from the youngster so he should not enter match w/ too much pressure to win vs top 10 player, just b competitive & try taking a set if possible. His time will come just as it eventually came for Zverev & some others in their older age group.

·
Registered
289 Posts
He‘s played Djere and Paire on clay, the first as outside 100 ranked, Berrettini on grass, Monfils and Tsitsipas on HC.

He was the underdog in every one of those matches.

He didn‘t lose them because of mental issues, and if he wins one its cause he‘s due.

Don‘t be an idiot. Someone like FAA won‘t forever be contained to 0 titles, and the player he beats won‘t be a mug for it.
You're the one being an idiot. In at least a couple of those the odds would've been close despite being the underdog.

By your logic the only way a player will ever win a tournament is by beating a player significantly weaker than they are. If you never beat a better player then you're not going to win much, if anything, in your career.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts