WWW?

• Zverev

• Auger-Aliassime

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MASSIVE chance for Sascha to win his first title since over a year. FAA doesnt know how to play finals, he is 0-5 in them, 0-10 in sets. Its really about time. A player like Sascha should win at least 3 titles per year, but he has only won one since start of 2019 :confused:

·
Registered
999 Posts
It will probably end up as 0-6 for felix. Hopefully he can have a good showing.

·
Registered
564 Posts
would love Felix to win, but think Sasha will love to play someone who has less confidence in him in a big match

·
Registered
583 Posts
I would be surprised if Felix won tomorrow. He's got a big mental block in finals unfortunately and winning his first against a top 10 player might be too much to ask at this point in time. I hope he can prove me wrong but 0-6 seems very likely unfortunately. One of these days he'll win one and the floodgates might just open up for him though...

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
FAA‘s time to shine

Reactions: Sparlingo

·
Registered
283 Posts
Surely even Zverev isn't a big enough mug to lose to someone who is 0-5 in finals, never having won a set.

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Surely even Zverev isn't a big enough mug to lose to someone who is 0-5 in finals, never having won a set.
What does that change about FAA being a fantastic prospect bound to win many titles?

·
Your visions will happen
48,559 Posts
Really want to see Auger take his first title here, would be great

I expect lots of DF from each, maybe 15 between them at least, some pushing and choking from both, and just enough clutch moments from Auger to win in 3

·
Registered
283 Posts
What does that change about FAA being a fantastic prospect bound to win many titles?
It says that FAA is so far terrible in finals and has lost to players far worse than Zverev in them. Zverev, who is the better player in any case, should therefore comfortably win this otherwise it's nothing but pure muggery.

FAA may be a fantastic prospect (though I believe overrated), but he still hasn't won anything yet despite having had plenty of chances to.

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
This hasn't been a good matchup for FAA in his short career so far. Zverev forces him to play a lot of balls and that usually ends up with unforced errors. As such, this is Zverev's to lose. It's too bad because Felix really needs to end that finals losing streak, but he'll probably need an easier beat than Zverev to make that happen.

·
Registered
16,775 Posts
Zverev in 2, without any TBs.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
wow two players with big monkeys on their shoulders for different reasons. The biggest effects might be the negative ones for whoever loses this one tbh

On paper I would think Zverev is the favorite, but I expect the mental aspect to play a big role here, so it could be anyones game...

FAA in 3 muggy sets

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
It says that FAA is so far terrible in finals and has lost to players far worse than Zverev in them. Zverev, who is the better player in any case, should therefore comfortably win this otherwise it's nothing but pure muggery.
What terrible logic.

If anything, you are saying he should break through since he should have already.

His past losses to great players indicate nothing for tomorrow, and Zverev losing would be a normal result, not pure muggery.

Zverev isn‘t a much better player than FAA.

·
Registered
283 Posts
What terrible logic.

If anything, you are saying he should break through since he should have already.

His past losses to great players indicate nothing for tomorrow, and Zverev losing would be a normal result, not pure muggery.

Zverev isn‘t a much better player than FAA.
Not really.

0-2 H2H against Zverev in straight sets. He's lost 5/5 finals, all in straight sets, that suggests he has mental issues in them. He hasn't been playing the likes of the Big 3 in them. He should've won a couple. Zverev is in better form, is the better player and has vastly more experience in big matches.

You're the gambler, so back him if you want. He may win, but if I was a betting man I'd back Zverev.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Big test for FAA, a lot of pressure on him before this match.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts