Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
They haven’t met since 2017 Brisbane, both were top 5 players then and they’ve been through a lot since then. Stan was more impressive today, while Kei has been better in the last few months. Hopefully we’ll get an exciting match, I consider Stan the slight favorite and predict he’ll win in 3.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,632 Posts
Kei's tough draws never end. Fed avoided Murray. I guess they were supposed to meet in Washington too before Young happened. Kei has won all their last couple of Bo3 matches in straights (Toronto, London and Brisbane). That said the Kei we have now lacks consistency overall and serve was pretty off today. He'll need to play better and make the most of this fast court.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Kei's tough draws never end. Fed avoided Murray. I guess they were supposed to meet in Washington too before Young happened. Kei has won all their last couple of Bo3 matches in straights (Toronto, London and Brisbane). That said the Kei we have now lacks consistency overall and serve was pretty off today. He'll need to play better and make the most of this fast court.
You mean „Murray avoided fed“?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nishikori should win this comfortably.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Nishikori will beat Stan I feel. He's much better in Bo3 than Stan., and this court plays fast, Stan will rush his shots. Still this is not a confident prediction on my part. I'd love to see Kei making the QFs here, it's the only masters he hasn't made the QFs in. Would be a nice achievement actually.

·
Registered
10,662 Posts
Lol, fed would have loved to play this murray, anyone does. And why mention Murray here?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,632 Posts
Lol, fed would have loved to play this murray, anyone does. And why mention Murray here?
just emphasising 'tough draws'. I wrote out a complete list of some names Kei drew in either R1/R2 of 500/Masters events this season, it's no wonder he hasn't returned to the top 20 yet, while the other guys will somehow manage to avoid the tricky names and not have to play them:

https://www.menstennisforums.com/40503712-post11.html

·
Registered
237 Posts
Tough luck for both of them, these two just can’t seem to catch a break with their draws. I feel really sorry for them. Hopefully they will have better draws in USO

·
Registered
668 Posts
While I agree he has had a number of tough draws. Last week he had one of the easiest draws he could hope for but got knocked out in his first match.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts