Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Opelka in 3

Votes: 1 20.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no doubt reilly will be raining down service bombs, but ttp should be well prepared having withstood the barrages of anderson and isner. this is their 1st encounter.

7-5, 7-6 ttp

·
justice for all
18,081 Posts
Hoping for a Stefanos win but let's face it: it's always a toss-up and everyone is living dangerously with a bot like Opelka on a damn fast surface like that.
He "just" needs to drag it to the TB-s, remain clutch on serve and hope for 1 or 2 missed first serves to get the required mini break. Sort of the same as happened with Jizzner.

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
If Tsitsipas wins this, i would be convinced he is the real deal (versatility).

Opelka is far more dangerous than Isner though as he does far more in the rallies.

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
Tsits to save the sport since Schwartzman and Berrettini already failed

Reactions: cpbdea

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
If Tsitsipas wins this, i would be convinced he is the real deal (versatility).

Opelka is far more dangerous than Isner though as he does far more in the rallies.
Imagine he wins the whole tournament, going through KAndy, Isner, Opelka, Raonic and then Medvedev in the final. Talk about laying ghosts to rest. That would be some statement.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I think Stefanos has the range of abilities, but it will come down to the few big points

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
ChiChi is on a mission.Destroying these servebotes,good luck!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Stef is one of the mentally strongest guys there is. But Opelka seems like a more clutch version of Isner.

I think Stef will get it done here. 7-6, 6-7, 7-6.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Opelka kicker to Tsitsi one hander can be lethal. Also, Tsitsi impatience in rallies can cost him. If he can play the slice game well, rallies should go to Tsitsi. Him in 3 with one TB.

·
Registered
22,161 Posts
Servebots are the pest of (current) male tennis. Opelka is the most dangerous among them all (nicknamed: the Golem).
Tsitsipas is able to handle the challenge as he has the tools, maybe his ROS is not the best yet, but he has patience and agile court awareness. He will prevail in 3 sets.

·
Banned
3,349 Posts
Opelka I feel is more dangerous to top guys than Isner since he’s quicker and Isner tends to be strangely conservative in rallies sometimes whereas I don’t see that with Opelka. Let’s clap Tittypas Opelka!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts