Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
10,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tennis wins either way!

But Del Potro should win this in two.

While Chung utterly dominated Sock in R1, Del Potro is whole other kettle of fish. Del Potro will use variety and varying paces to confuse the "young" Chung. Also unless Chung has drastically improved his serve, expect Del Potro to take advantage.

If Chung is going to have any chance, then he will need to use his high tennis IQ to do out Del Potro.

Maybe if we are lucky we will get a 3-setter :)2

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Re: WWW Cincinnati Masters R3: Del Potro vs. Chung

Tennis wins either way!

But Del Potro should win this in two.

While Chung utterly dominated Sock in R2, Del Potro is whole other kettle of fish. Del Potro will use variety and varying paces to confuse the "young" Chung. Also unless Chung has drastically improved his serve, expect Del Potro to take advantage.

If Chung is going to have any chance, then he will need to use his high tennis IQ to do out Del Potro.

Maybe if we are lucky we will get a 3-setter :)2
This is R2,and Chung “dominated” Sock in R1. :p

·
Registered
878 Posts

If Chung can keep the rally to backhand to backhand exchanges, and when Delpo tries to run around his backhand, Chung can hit a BHDL, Chung has a good chance. I hope to see it live if it's a night match....

·
10,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

If Chung can keep the rally to backhand to backhand exchanges, and when Delpo tries to run around his backhand, Chung can hit a BHDL, Chung has a good chance. I hope to see it live if it's a night match....
I'm a very jealous man, Tight Lines.

All this posting on MTF and you may get the chance to see greatness in action!

·
Registered
14,504 Posts
Chung is not yet in good form, easy-peasy for Delpo like 6-4, 6-3.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

You're in luck, it will be last match on center court

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
DelPo took Canada off. He's recharged for this event, and with US Open next, I guarantee he will go deep here. I think he wins easily.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hyeon's defense still fab but you could see from his erratic offense he still needs a lot of match rhythm to be any kind of threat.

Two easy sets for JM.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Why is this not replacing the WTA match tomorrow as first on Grandstand?? I assume the winner will have to play in the evening, so again, why would they not put the last ATP R32 match on Grandstand first followed by the WTA R16 match? Stupid decision.

·
Registered
878 Posts

You're in luck, it will be last match on center court
Just as they were finishing warmup, the rain came. :facepalm::frown2::frown2::crying: Had to walk in the rain without raingear soaking wet to my car. Not a happy camper ....

The only saving grace is I get a rain check since the first night match (Halep match) didn't finish.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Why is this not replacing the WTA match tomorrow as first on Grandstand?? I assume the winner will have to play in the evening, so again, why would they not put the last ATP R32 match on Grandstand first followed by the WTA R16 match? Stupid decision.
cancelled pretty late and in those cases they never have the guys first on.

twice in same day weather permitting is going to be very tough.

i wonder if delpo withdraws.

weather fc is very iffy.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I wonder if the winner of this match won't retire for the next one as they both have physical issues and 2 matches in one day seems too much for them.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I wonder if the winner of this match won't retire for the next one as they both have physical issues and 2 matches in one day seems too much for them.
Well Kyrgios also has his share of physical issues, so it may just be a battle to see whose body can hold up the longest......

·
Registered
62 Posts
cancelled pretty late and in those cases they never have the guys first on.

twice in same day weather permitting is going to be very tough.

i wonder if delpo withdraws.

weather fc is very iffy.
Well now the guys are on first (whenever they can get on), I guess the rain must have provided them with ample time to be put on first.

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Nice matchup. Could be fun

1 - 19 of 19 Posts