Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Raonic in 3

Votes: 7 18.9%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our first WWW masters final in 5 months?

Djokovic will probably raise his level and do whatever stretches necessary to beat Raonic.

RBA is challenging because he will always play out the point. Raonic may or may not thrive depending on which Djokovic shows up. If Djokovic hits puff balls back to Raonic and he can run around to his forehand side, then he should have a good chance.

·
Registered
21,098 Posts
Djokovic in 3, provided his neck will be okay

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
nole didn't show up for the presser after RBA match because his condition got worse. w/o seems quite likely now...

Reactions: laughingcavalier

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
nole didn't show up for the presser after RBA match because his condition got worse. w/o seems quite likely now...
He didn't show up for the presser because he almost threw up in his post match interview on court. Novak would never give someone a w/o in a final. Also, he will likely recover for tomorrow.

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
It depends on the level Djokovic will be at in this match, I don't think he can win if he plays like he did against RBA.
To be honest Raonic is by far the biggest surprise of the week for me, I've seen a picture with him and Schwartzman in practice not long ago and he looked terribly overweight for me. Also the FH looked on fire against Murray and just as solid against Tsitsipas. If he won't fold under pressure, he should be able to move Djokovic left to right a lot, and this is not a 100% Djokovic, that's for sure

Good matchup for Nole but the surface speed is on Raonic's side, the canadian also looks more fresh and I think he's up for an upset

Hope I'm wrong but I'll go with Raonic in 3

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I might want to look at the odds for a Plumpnic victory tomorrow should Nole take the court.Yeah,I know the head to head record but upsets do happen and Djokovic is primed to fall given how he felt today.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hard to see Raonic winning this if Djokovic shows up on court. Raonic needs to make sure he holds his first 3-4 service games... then it could be a match

·
Your visions will happen
50,989 Posts
Djokovic needs to take every match to get closer and closer to all the records. He is not getting any younger, and Rafa has been training night and day for the clay season, we all know this. So Djoker needs to win Cincy and USO for sure and then whatever happens in the European clay and indoor seasons is whatever happens

He's got Raonic, day off, Dzumhur, day off the next 4 days. Though if the neck is really bad, he can afford to give a w/o here and still keep aura due to winning vs RBA

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Federer and Dull aren’t playing atm, Federer is 39 and Dull is the other 2 big 3’s bitch off clay. The rest of the tour is filled with either declined players or overrate nextgenners who have no clue how to anything but hit basic groundstrokes. Pathetic era.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Under normal conditions I would pick Djokovic in 2, but if Novak continues to have difficulties with his neck/stomach, or if he is still worn out from today's match then things might go differently. Gotta say that this is definitely Raonic's best chance thus far to get a win over Novak, and to pick up his first masters title at the same time. If that happens I'll be glad for him. But still I would prefer Djokovic to win, and if he is in at least half-decent shape I figure he can get it done in 3 sets. Though Raonic has been impressive lately so I'm not that confident in Djokovic's victory.

·
Registered
21,098 Posts
Federer and Dull aren’t playing atm, Federer is 39 and Dull is the other 2 big 3’s bitch off clay. The rest of the tour is filled with either declined players or overrate nextgenners who have no clue how to anything but hit basic groundstrokes. Pathetic era.
Also Gen Lost has only Thiem and Raonic as remaining decent players. Nishikori, Dimitrov and Goffin (Struff et al) are nowhere near competitive as they were before 2018.

·
30,372 Posts
Also Gen Lost has only Thiem and Raonic as remaining decent players. Nishikori, Dimitrov and Goffin (Struff et al) are nowhere near competitive as they were before 2018.
I just saw the other day that Struff has a ton of top wins in the last couple of years. Not saying he is a threat to win a tournament, but he seems to be playing okay for his level.

·
Premium Member
9,356 Posts
Hope Raonic wins but I highly doubt it.

·
Registered
21,098 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts