Mens Tennis Forums banner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Still no thread that I can see. Chengdu supposedly has China's biggest tennis fan base, wonder why they're struggling so much to attract top players vs Shenzen. Less money?

Seems like a good chance for Mannarino to finally bag a title, but his form is poor. Same with Chung. Tough to pick a winner, wonder if Basilashvili can continue his good form and take this or if Fognini can strengthen his weirdly good HC results this year and get in contention for the WTF.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Hopefully Chung. A tournament win will be great for his confidence and he needs to get many points on the board before AO. Feels wide open this tournament though. Fognini, Monfils and Mannarino have a good chance.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Anyone but Fabio Fognini. Fingers crossed. But I think Gael Monfils could win the title here, even though he lost two sets this week in Taiwan, his form was decent. My second pick is Sam Querrey, good draw until the final.

PS: did not realize Sam Querrey was out of the top 50 now, surprised. But his form was good when he played Marin Cilic two weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Anyone but Fabio Fognini. Fingers crossed. But I think Gael Monfils could win the title here, even though he lost two sets this week in Taiwan, his form was decent. My second pick is Sam Querrey, good draw until the final.

PS: did not realize Sam Querreywas out of the top 50 now, surprised. But his form was good when he played Marin Cilic two weeks ago.
Surprised at this as well. I think most of his points were in Wimbledon and the US Open, and once he went out early in those rounds, his ranking plummeted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts