Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I think it just might be something to do with having the eighth-highest ranking of the entrants. . . :D
Obviously....but I didn´t expect Bogota being that weak. I am looking at the draw and Newport looks like a GS. It was weak last year too, but how was the cut off? (Have no idea actually, might be even lower...:p)

·
Registered
18,732 Posts
3 tournaments the same week, plus DC this weekend.
:D
anybody, please.

pardon my stupid question.
i can follow '3 tournaments the same week', and DC is Davis Cup, is it not?.
would somebody teach me how DC schedule is related to Ward seeding?

good players have gone for this weekend's DC, is that? if so, i would like to know a bit more specifically.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
:D
anybody, please.

pardon my stupid question.
i can follow '3 tournaments the same week', and DC is Davis Cup, is it not?.
would somebody teach me how DC schedule is related to Ward seeding?

good players have gone for this weekend's DC, is that? if so, i would like to know a bit more specifically.
Yep that is what I meant. You have players like Kokk, Kyrgios, Groth on the other side of the world this weekend.

Not many players playing DC this weekend will play next week.

Add that to 3 tournaments so the players playing this week are spread thinly.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I think he went to Indian Wells qualies straight after the DC match against USA earlier this year and got thumped by Mischa Zverev so I'm not expect fireworks from Ward.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Ward might could easily forgo this tournament. He's about to play a BO5 Match in London and has to travel 12 hours, 8000 kilometres and 6 time zones to play on Tuesday? Come on

·
Registered
18,732 Posts
Yep that is what I meant. You have players like Kokk, Kyrgios, Groth on the other side of the world this weekend.

Not many players playing DC this weekend will play next week.

Add that to 3 tournaments so the players playing this week are spread thinly.
thanks! now with your advice i can draw clearer picture of tournaments outcome.

·
Registered
18,732 Posts
wow this thread is really educative for a beginner like me to learn things tennis! i know the geometrical distances between cities and , although vaguely, know players schedule. i can never put those info together.

here sammy, Rustie, Hawaiigrip, and other members' posts help me put things together to draw a clear picture of tournament forecasts.

thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts