Mens Tennis Forums banner

????

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
If he plays light out tennis, I think he has a good chance to make his first M1000 SF :)

Cilic in 2 against an unspired Stan

·
23,064 Posts
Stan hasn't won a Round of 16 match in any of the Masters -- it includes MC, because he didn't win/lose that one due to Almagro withdrawing. The advantage Stan has, is that he has won against Cilic last time they met in a Masters tourney (and quite easily too). However that was Clay and this is hard courts were Cilic is better at. A focused Stan could make Cilic implode so this is the question who could implode less.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I wish I could say that I totally think Stan will win in 2, but I can't. Hopefully Stan shows up inspired & excellent, though!

·
Registered
14,771 Posts
Even an uninspired Stan will have more than enough to take care of Mugrin. 2 or 3 sets it all depends on Stan.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Another good chance for Cilic to finally make the SF at this category of events. Let's see if he can finally take it, this match should be the biggest obstacle, like the Federer one was last week.

·
10,284 Posts
Cilic has massively choked and I think he will massively choke in 3.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Cilic in 2 or Stan in 2. Marin's form is easily top 6 currently, but Stan's inconsistency may show yet again.

·
Your visions will happen
47,139 Posts
Huge chance for Cilic here as this has been Wawrinka's bug-a-boo round in Masters 1000 this year, R16.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
As inconsistent as Wawa has been, and despite the popular opinion amongst voters, I think Cilic chokes in three. Guarantee a tiebreak in the first set. :shrug:

·
23,064 Posts
As inconsistent as Wawa has been, and despite the popular opinion amongst voters, I think Cilic chokes in three. Guarantee a tiebreak in the first set. :shrug:
Well Anderson didn't choke against Stan and we know Anderson could be a worse one. Stan has to keep Cilic at bay, and make him play especially on big points but keep the pressure (not outright winners but force the errors). Stan was quite passive against Anderson in the 1st Set TB. Got a little unfocused in the 2nd Set fearing that he could lose again against him.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Cilic 6-4 6-3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts