Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tsonga or Berdych?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY!

These 2 have NEVER played on the main tour. They've been so close so many times these last few years and even should have played a QF at Rotterdam this year but sadly Berdych was ill and had to withdraw then. Anyway we've finally got this match and I'm really looking forward to it. :D

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Yeah man, can't agree more with the match up at LONG last. Should be a cracker, provided Tsonga shows up :scared:

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know how bad Berdych is in semi-finals but I think it's interesting that Tsonga has a 0-5 record against Soderling and a 0-3 record against Del Potro. Given how bad Tsonga returns though I think that could be the difference tomorrow.

·
A happy person
44,893 Posts
I know how bad Berdych is in semi-finals but I think it's interesting that Tsonga has a 0-5 record against Soderling ana d 0-3 record against Del Potro. Given how bad Tsonga returns though I think that could be the difference tomorrow.
I want Berdych too, dont worry. ;) :p But I dont see how can beat this Tsonga.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Cool. Finally a match worth watching in full. Hope the stands aren't half empty....

Berdych is the favourite in my book considering his recent demolitions and also that he has a somewhat similar game to Soderling and a big serve. Tsonga doesn't like that matchup

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Agree with other posters, that finally those 2 guys will play each other it is really unbelieavble that in their age and ranking- i mean they are top 10-top 20 almost ,,forever,, and still haven´t play together. Tsonga has some match-up problems against similar players like Berdych- Sod, Delpo, but this is their first match ever so we can only be speculating, but who knows. I think Tsonga is still fav here. Berdych demolished Verdasco but we all know how ,,good,, he can sometimes be so this win isn´t so worthed after all. Tsonga is on good run by his own and who know if Berdych is 100% healthy, so still think Tsonga might take this in 3 sets.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Berdych forgot his last ATP title and with ATP finals its not too much better :D

Go Tsonga

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know how bad Berdych is in semi-finals but I think it's interesting that Tsonga has a 0-5 record against Soderling and a 0-3 record against Del Potro. Given how bad Tsonga returns though I think that could be the difference tomorrow.
He had a bad record against Fed aswell, but we all saw what happened at Wimby and Toronto!! :devil: ,

I think Jo takes this, his mental game is too unadulterated right now.

·
Registered
29,199 Posts
Berdych in 3.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
I don't see how Berdych loses playing like this. Tsonga will spray a couple of games, and Berdych hasn't been missing more than once a game. We'll see, but I'm rooting for the Marlboro Man.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Tsonga is on his way to the Top 5. But Berdych will be a great test whoever wins this match has to feel really good going into Shanghai/Paris.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
It's a shame this is on in the middle of the night on the where I am. I'm considering setting an alarm for it, but I don't know.

·
Registered
68,087 Posts
berdych please^^

1 - 20 of 25 Posts