Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charly is the superior claycourter, even if João is the superior player overall. Sousa is the underdog here, but he has a chance. Best clay tournament in ages he's having. Would be great to reach the final, has he would be pre-defending the hundreeds of points he has to defend until the end of the season. He is already top 60 in the race, which is great considering he didn't play a single challenger this season. All points earned in the ATP tour.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
berlocq lost a set to albot this week(and yeah he beat ferrer but ferru played awful today)...and sousa came here with a cakewalk...so very close match on the paper. still berlocq should win this

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Both of these guys need to play to max intensity to perform well at 250/500 tour level.

Berlocq has more about his game though on a clay court and I expect him to win with ease.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both of these guys need to play to max intensity to perform well at 250/500 tour level.

Berlocq has more about his game though on a clay court and I expect him to win with ease.
After you giving the edge to Warlocq, I became more hopefull on a good result from João. :cool:

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
I really hope Sousa wins. Berlocq really lacks grace in the way he conducts himself on court (particularly after winning), and Sousa seems like a likeable, down-to-earth guy. I've enjoyed watching him back up his results from the second half of last year, and I have to say he's looking good to finish in the top 50 this year. I originally feared he'd suffer from sophomore syndrome, and it looked likely when he went on that awful run after losing to Carballes Baena in Morocco. But he's got his mojo back with a semi-final on grass, and now at least a semi-final here.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
I didn't watch any match of Sousa this week, but today Berlocq's wasn't playing well really. Ferrer was pretty bad.

I think Berlocq will win, this is probably the slowest court in the tour (along with Vina Del Mar and Monte Carlo, but I think Bastad is even slower) and Charly is better at slower courts than João, but the match could be a very close and long 3 setter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts