Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Roger Federer

Votes: 50 74.6%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roger is a whopping 20-2 against Roddick, and has the home-field advantage. The last time Roddick beat Federer was in 2008.

If you like to use the past (or logic) to predict the future, you will choose Federer.

Anyone calling the upset?

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Andy Roddick/Roger Federer XXIII: Basel QF, 2011. Andy Roddick/Roger Federer I? Basel QF, 2001. Happy 10th Anniversary.
Via James LaRosa

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
This is a no brainer. Federer would be disgusted to lose to someone like Roddick in his hometown. Federer in 2 two sets. Probably 6-3, 6-4. If shankerer shows up perhaps pushed to a third set, but really with Roddick's form and all, shouldn't go past 2 sets.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I sense 21-2 is coming!!! Roger to slay the Duck in 2 sets ;)

Poor Duck, just when he thought that he could avoid playing Roger this year, he meets him at the same tournament where they last played against each other.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
what a terrible match. I feel sorry for those in the crowd.

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
what a terrible match. I feel sorry for those in the crowd.
nah, this isn't as bad as a Simon-Monfils in clay :unsure:
I don't think any match up can beat that crap in terms of lack of quality

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
I wonder what the +20 h 2 h thread will be called. Can you get lower than a turkey?
A goose?

In olden times when family's couldn't afford a turkey they would get the much cheaper goose for Thanksgiving. Seems only fitting that Roddick would be reduced to a mallard looking animal.

·
Registered
29,199 Posts
The term for +20 in H2H is indeed ostrich.

I believe Fed will get there soon.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'm hoping, against all logic, and against my usual preferences, for a Roddick win. Because I think the tournament scheduling has been unjust to him, and as a consolation for his first year end since 2001 outside the top 10.

I know it won't happen. Must be a masochistic streak to build myself up for inevitable disappointment.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
10th anniversary of a great demolition job.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Why wouldn't the term be duck?

Anywho, Fed losing to Roddick in his home town would be the final nail in his coffin. I doubt it will happen.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Rog in 3 tight sets.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Fed to beat his ostrich in 3 sets (give something for his crowd as Bendwinka demolition job comes up next) :haha:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts