Mens Tennis Forums banner

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 270 Posts

·
23,078 Posts
Anyway, realistically just based on form Dimitrov has the edge. But, this is their first meeting. Could be an overwhelming experience against a home crowd favorite (compare wtih Janowicz and Murray last Wimbledon -- crowd was so affected when Murray was set down). I don't want to predict really, as it could be a toss up. Just hope for very good shotmaking, not many shanks, and of course no mugging.

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
I think a lot of Fedtards are living in an antediluvian mindset.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hate matches like this when your two favourites collide. In my opinion the propositions easy if Fed plays well he wins, doesn't matter how good Dimitrov will be. There's also that issue of how nervous Dimitrov gets when hes in the lead against these top players. While it may be true he beat Ferrer who's ranked higher than Roger, we know the obvious reasons why he will have more nerves tomorrow

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Hate matches like this when your two favourites collide. In my opinion the propositions easy if Fed plays well he wins, doesn't matter how good Dimitrov will be. There's also that issue of how nervous Dimitrov gets when hes in the lead against these top players. While it may be true he beat Ferrer who's ranked higher than Roger, we know the obvious reasons why he will have more nerves tomorrow
finally, one decent post

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Everyone's been waiting for this match for a long time and comparing it to the Federer-Sampras match... but honest question here, were people really waiting for that matchup before it happened? Or is it only interesting in hind-sight?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Everyone's been waiting for this match for a long time and comparing it to the Federer-Sampras match... but honest question here, were people really waiting for that matchup before it happened? Or is it only interesting in hind-sight?
Exactly a point people overlook. No one knew at the time what the Sampras-Federer match actually meant, it was only after Roger began dominating the tennis world where it became evident the match held significance.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Hate matches like this when your two favourites collide. In my opinion the propositions easy if Fed plays well he wins, doesn't matter how good Dimitrov will be. There's also that issue of how nervous Dimitrov gets when hes in the lead against these top players. While it may be true he beat Ferrer who's ranked higher than Roger, we know the obvious reasons why he will have more nerves tomorrow[/QUOTE

If Ferrer is ranked higher than Federer that means nothing and Ferrer has never won vs Federer. But other young player Sousa also defeat Ferrer in two sets in QF and went to win ATP 250. The same Sousa defeat Grisho at US Open.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Bad timing for Roger and for this matchup in general...Grigor playing probably the best tennis in his career right now and Roger playing the worst. Saw the match against Istomin and it was more of a case of Istomin losing rather than Rog winning. That defensive style he was forced to play will not fly too well against Dimitrov.

6-4 6-4 for the Bulgarian

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Exactly a point people overlook. No one knew at the time what the Sampras-Federer match actually meant, it was only after Roger began dominating the tennis world where it became evident the match held significance.
Was not the same with Gasquet when he beat Federer in MC. Back then everyone was talking for Gasquet as baby Fed. Well we saw it did not happen now it is the same with Dimitrov. They put a lot of pressure to those younger guys IMO. Dimitrov is very talented boy but he is not Federer.

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Hate matches like this when your two favourites collide. In my opinion the propositions easy if Fed plays well he wins, doesn't matter how good Dimitrov will be. There's also that issue of how nervous Dimitrov gets when hes in the lead against these top players. While it may be true he beat Ferrer who's ranked higher than Roger, we know the obvious reasons why he will have more nerves tomorrow[/QUOTE

If Ferrer is ranked higher than Federer that means nothing and Ferrer has never won vs Federer. But other young player Sousa also defeat Ferrer in two sets in QF and went to win ATP 250. The same Sousa defeat Grisho at US Open.
Fed demolishing Dimitrov will be normal, boring, mundane. We have enough of it in our lives already. We want something unusual, wonderful and unexpected, turning point, magic. Hence everybody hyping Dimitrov. We want a fairy tale.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
nadejda is a big fan of Grigor. :confused:

She's allowed to be honest if she doesn't think he's ready for this type of win. I disagree with her but that's her opinion.
you can browse back, like the last 3 years if you want and if there is one post praising Grigor for 20 hating ones then i'm probably mistaking the person (i'm not).

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Was not the same with Gasquet when he beat Federer in MC. Back then everyone was talking for Gasquet as baby Fed. Well we saw it did not happen now it is the same with Dimitrov. They put a lot of pressure to those younger guys IMO. Dimitrov is very talented boy but he is not Federer.
really? so I was wrong the whole time? what a pity!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Fed demolishing Dimitrov will be normal, boring, mundane. We have enough of it in our lives already. We want something unusual, wonderful and unexpected, turning point, magic. Hence everybody hyping Dimitrov. We want a fairy tale.
Wrong. Federer's win would be a continuation of the fairy tale. Dimitrov is not the main character of any fairy tale and won't be, even if he wins tomorrow.

81 - 100 of 270 Posts