• Nishikori in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giraldo in 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
23,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year Giraldo was unseeded as he made his impressive run while Nishikori is the 4th Seed I think. Nishikori won in 2 Sets against Giraldo in last year's final, which helped both players in Madrid for deep runs. This time they are both seeded players, but it seems this time, it really didn't help, as the #1 seed faces the #15 seed in the earliest possible moment (both with a R1 Bye to boot) in a rematch of last year's final. One thing is for sure -- someone is surely losing a LOT of points.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,553 Posts
Easy if we go off last year's result. Giraldo played quite well to make the F, but there, after break Kei early was really out of his league.
Kei's return and consistent set of groundstokes will always put pressure on Giraldo.

Highlights from last year's final on youtube (sorry about quality):

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
Giraldo isn't playing well this year. Unless he's in a great day of ballbashing, he's not got trouble Nishikori.

Nishikori 2-0, 6-2 6-3 scoreline likely.

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
Nishikori to end the nonsense joke that Giraldo has become after the last year's European claycourt season.

·
Registered
68,134 Posts
kei in 2

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I've got a feeling Giraldo is going to spring an upset here.

Nishikori isn't playing as well as he was last year and he's lost to the likes of Isner and Lopez recently :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,647 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,553 Posts

·
23,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Apparently this match won't be streamed. ATP Barcelona is a FARCE of the highest order. :(
What the...seriously this should be an outrage, right? This is the rematch of last year's final, and they treat them with a no-show? Not only that, it's only the first match? I am already complaining that this tournament (a 48 draw tournament too to boot) only airs 3 matches at Center Court while the 250's have two courts at least streamed and other 500's have better coverage than this but this is going overboard. At this rate the only players I would see here are Ferrer, Nadal and other Spanish players they put in Center Court.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Wow, I just woke up and I see match is almost over... :spit: :spit:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts