Future RG champ vs Legendary Samurai

who you got?

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Who expected such a final? :lol: Let's say Kei in 2 close sets

·
23,064 Posts
Unbelievable result, that this Final would happen -- have to say Giraldo is really fortunate on his path to this. That said, Nishikori had been very solid this week I think and is heavy favorite IMO. Giraldo should give it his best though or it is like it was a gift given to the other half of the draw.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
This could be a very tough match but I see Nishikori winning. He's having a pretty good year so far.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Well, Giraldo never won an ATP tournament, right?

Probably will stay this way, since Nishikori is playing better, but who knows...

H2H 4-1 for Nishikori, only 1 match on clay, a tough 5 setter win for Kei at RG 2010.

Nishikori in 3.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
they are both in good form. Giraldo has been surprisingly clutch at this event. in that he hasnt had any real mental collapses or chokes that have cost him matches. if he's faltered he's fought back and recovered well

kei is the favorite but giraldo winning wouldnt exactly be impossible either

ill go with kei in 3

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Have we established yet if Giraldo is any good on clay? :lol:

Nishikori is the favourite but hopefully Giraldo will score an upset. Giraldo in 3.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Nishi-easy.

·
23,064 Posts
To tell the truth even though Nishikori winning this after a very good performance against Gulbis (he seems to have found very good form here) the thought of Giraldo winning and capitalizing this draw would be such an interesting accomplishment for him.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Come on, Kei! I'm putting all of my money on you! That includes the cars, the house, my children's college fund (them, in college? Ha!). If you lose, and those little suckas cry about it, I'm going to give them something about which to cry.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
does anyone else find it kind of funny that 4 of kei's 7 career finals have come in 500 series events?

if he wins this 3 of his 5 titles will be 500 series events too

its pretty unusual for someone so young to have more 500 series finals than 250 series finals

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
does anyone else find it kind of funny that 4 of kei's 7 career finals have come in 500 series events?

if he wins this 3 of his 5 titles will be 500 series events too

its pretty unusual for someone so young to have more 500 series finals than 250 series finals
Well he doesn't play many 250 tournaments. Max 2-3.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Barring a serious drop in form from Nishikori he should take this fairly comfortably. If he plays like he did in first sets against Cilic and Gulbis it won't even be competitive.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts