Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dominic Thiem and Alexander Zverev are interesting rivals who always try to show not only high-quality, but also beautiful tennis. The public simply adores when these opponents cross racquets to determine who is the best athlete to date.

Who will win? (y)

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
Zed in 3 or 4

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thiem interestingly the betting odds favourite ... to me it feels more like a 50-50 match, he has always struggled against an in-form Zverev and I don't expect that to be different this time ... I really hope Thiem can reach the final here though, would be insane for him

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
No idea who will win but looking forward to seeing two in form players in a quality affair. It should definitely be the better SF match.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Last time Zverev played well against Thiem was Madrid and he looked a level above the Austrian. But Thiem has developed so much since then.

I don't trust Zverev's rallying skills to have him as a favourite even with his 1st serve botting.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
For me, this will all depend on Thiem's mental state coming into this match. We've seen it before from him. Get a big win on a Big 3 player, then fall apart immediately in the next match due to mental exhaustion or withdrawal. Zverev was one of the beneficiaries of this at Madrid 2018. I can see the exact same thing happening here.

But....this match is at evening/night which favors Thiem more. Balls will be slowed down. Zverev's serve is neutralized more. Grinding rallies will favor Thiem. The crowd will also likely be on his side mostly in this match.

I'll go Thiem in four, but nothing will surprise me. I just hope both give it their all and the winner takes it to Djokovic in the final. I like both players and I wish them all the best.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Good news! Thiem and Medvedev made slam finals last year, now we're guaranteed either Thiem or Zverev in the finals in the first of the new decade. Good times indeed for the younger players.

Would be epic if either of them could beat Djokovic in the final. Really hard to make the call on this match. Perhaps Thiem has a little more belief and aggression to dominate the rallies from the back of the court in this match.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
The way Dominic played against Rafael I see im as favourite. That level
will be hard to match from Sasha. Sasha will need another suberb serving
performance to have a significant chance.
I say Dominic 67 - 33 Sasha

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hopefully Thiem is able to follow up on today. I have a feeling Zverev might spoil the party here.

Zverev 7-6, 6-4, 6-3

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
The way Dominic played against Rafael I see im as favourite. That level
will be hard to match from Sasha. Sasha will need another suberb serving
performance to have a significant chance.
I say Dominic 67 - 33 Sasha
Pretty much this, if Dominic is fit, and he repeats this Level of play again, then it will be extremly hard for Sascha...

1 - 20 of 70 Posts