Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer are interesting rivals who always try to show not only high-quality, but also beautiful tennis. The public simply adores when these opponents cross racquets to determine who is the best athlete to date.

Who will win? (y)

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom,
King in three.

·
The special one
14,384 Posts
The 50th match between these two rivals. May the best man win.

I'll say Novak in no more than 4, although If he plays to his R3/4 level I can see him winning in straight sets, unless Roger really raises his current level.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
federer has about 48 hours to get his body ready. He managed to do the same in 2017 but had almost 70 hours then. Still I’m confident he’ll play, he’s not withdrawing lightly, let alone in the semis of a slam. I don’t give him much of a chance, but evees match has to be played, and even if he loses here it won’t be a shame.

·
Registered
10,916 Posts
It is too hot in Melbourne for sweaterer to appear ... but I'm not dismissing such scenario for the SF (in different outfit of course :) )

For prediction ....

If Federer appears, it will be a blowout AO'16 style ... 6-3 6-3 6-2 or similar.

Reactions: 2MatchPointsDown

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
anything else than a 3 set win by Novak would shock me

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
For Federer this meeting will be like throwing someone with arachnophobia into a pit full of deadly spiders.

Furthermore, his groin is in ruins and his body is slowly falling apart.

So lets cut the crap and state the obvious: Federer is royally fucked. At least the pressure will be at an absolute minimum, because Federer knows damn well he has nothing to lose.

But lets see the bright side: With either Federer or Djokovic in the final, Nadals chances to getting this Slam are at almost zero percent.

·
23,528 Posts
Even as expected, do we REALLY need another one of these matches, hehe. I get rivalries are good, but this is overkill IMO. But anyway seeing today I will be shocked if Fed wins a Set. Even with issues in peripheral vision Djokovic still apparently plays a world class game.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My soul truly aches. There is actually no way to make Federer's situation worse. We need to give Wawrinka all of our life force, Goku style in the final. It is the only way. I know I will.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Just watched the PC. No signs of early Concession from Roger there. he said that he can hopefully recover but he’s feeling quite well right now so it certainly got better again as the match went on. I’m pretty sure the match is happening. And if not... well we can’t do anything about it anyway

1 - 20 of 331 Posts