WWW ?

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge chance for Medvedev here.

Medvedev is one of the most talented shotmakers of this generation. Him and Khachanov form the inevitable one-two punch for this generation's shotmaking tennis.

Goffin, on the other hand, is a decent guy. I like him but never been a huge of his style of play.

Medvedev in easy 5.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
This is a must-watch for every fan of tennis. Goffin has finally recovered (at least to be competitive again) and Medvedev is in the "Jesus walking on the water" mode right now. The shotmaking will be off the charts here.

Hoping for 5 excellent sets.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Ball Basher.

Goffin in 4

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
It's good that David won here 2 rounds, playing quite nicely after the injury break. Medvedev will be probably too much for him at this point, but we will see.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Medvedev is the huge favourite to win it, he has been playing so well the last few months, and has matured so much.

Good to see David winning 2 games in row and in a pretty convincing way; good point for him, is that he has nothing to lose against Medvedev, so he could certainly grab one or two sets and then who knows.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hoping for a fast start from David, he is hitting clean and moving well. If it's not in sweltering heat, I am backing him to win in 4, dropping the second set. :) Medvedev isn't a bad match-up for him but he is playing undoubtedly very well right now. Still, I disagree that Medvedev is the huge favourite. People are quick to forget what David achieved and whom he beat over the last couple seasons. This match might just come a few weeks too early, but we'll see!

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,629 Posts
i think if david brings his best he'll win this.
Medvedev is surreptitiously difficult to play. Watch his Brisbane match against Kei. Got to a tonne of balls and had no difficulty in long backhand rallies. His serve can go off sometimes so David needs to make the most of his returning ability.

Definitely an interesting one to watch.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Would be very disappointed if Daniil Medvedev does not win this match, I expect him to reach at least the quarters.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Medvedev's game is a meat grinder but at the same time it's kind of limited to pace and depth. Muffin can win with variety :)unsure:).

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
He's not beating Djokovic . Tough luck for him , cause he'd be in great shape for semis if he was in Zverev side of draw . He's a tough MF . Even though I don't like his game .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts