Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cincinnati re-meatch.

Maybe KK can do the Rublev on him.

I know this isn't the main talking point of this match, but looking ahead to the next round:

Kyrgios is obviously the trickier customer for Nadal and harder to beat, but easier physically, and thus better in the long run. So I might actually just root for Kyrgios here. Khachanov might just tire Rafa, get him into endless rallies.

Reactions: hammett

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
12,728 Posts
King in 4

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Khachanov looked exhausted to the limit, barely stood up after the match-point because of cramps. Kyrgios will most probably win in 3 or 4.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Khachanov looked exhausted to the limit, barely stood up after the match-point because of cramps. Kyrgios will most probably win in 3 or 4.
Indeed, but it was only a second round, so he could still recover and Nick's fitness is very doubtful. This match could go either way. 50-50

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Khachanov showing some signs of returning to form, but I'll still back Kyrgios in this one
Nick in 3, because why not

·
Premium Member
29,536 Posts
Doesn't this tournament need a Kyrgios - Nadal epic? I hope we get one.

Khachanov, like Nick, is unpredictable though. He could play awful or play out of his mind.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Kyrgios please do not lose to Khachanov. Dull needs to be stopped or at least challenged. Khachanov will bend over.

·
Your visions will happen
50,989 Posts
Well I may need to actually watch this one, nice to see the event starting to warm up nicely

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Simon's slowballing might be suffocating in the sense that dealing with it requires heaps of patience Kyrgios usually doesn't have, thus today's performance was very impressive. But, physically it worked quite well for him. He could casually stroll back and forth on the baseline hitting groundies from comfortable positions. Khachanov's power, otoh, can expose his limited movement rather quickly. At the same time, KK can bash himself out of contention equally easily. So yeah, no freaking idea what's going to happen. Both have high ceiling and both are inconsistent.
Hopefully, NK prevails. It's hard to imagine him more motivated than he is rn.

Reactions: RocketMan70
1 - 20 of 23 Posts