Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW Australian Open R1: (13) Bautista Agut - Thiem?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very, very interesting. Perhaps even mega interesting. Thiem is in awful shape both game wise and physically, but then again, RBA retired from his last tournament. Thiem has it in him to pound RBA (Hi AP) off the court, but the stars have to align for that to happen.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Shitty draw :(

Dominic was good one and a half-set against a well-playing Schruff but then he had no power left in tank. Thanks to his shitty off-season (military service and illness) he won't have a chance to beat RBA.

RBA in 3 or 4 sets.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thiem wins this if he serves well

the guy is a powerhouse

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
One of the R1 matches I am looking most forward to. Hoping for at least a deep 4 setter.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
rba in 3

·
Registered
23,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Robert Bautista, my opponent for the Australian Open 2015. Amusingly we practiced together today, his game is different to his Spanish colleagues, it is very flat and fast. It is going to be very tough for me because I am still not fully fit and Bautista is a top player, that’s not making it any easier for me. Tonight practice with Kenny De Schepper. See you!
#Bamos #AustralianOpen2015 #ThiemvsBautista
He certainly has an exquisite eye for hitting partners. VamosRafaNadal will probably predict him to win the tournament now.

·
Premium Member
12,348 Posts
Ace Pounder in absolute ecstasy

RBA in 3 btw. Thiem looks sickly in comparison to his last stint during 2014 clay season.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
:facepalm: can't see Domi troubling Roberto, given his last result and the reports on his current form. RBA in 3.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Thiem and Kokk i put as the most possible seed upsetters, yet they both go down in 3-4 inevitably.

I hope some qualifier delivers some drama, coz otherwise the first round will be shit.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
If Thiem can get himself in shape for Monday or Tuesday is it? Then he should win this, far too much fire-power.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
RBA in 3, Thiem hasn't looked good in a while unfortunately. Military service over the offseason may have been good for conditioning but losing to Struff says a lot about his current tennis form.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts