Registered
4,408 Posts
The one we've all been waiting for.

Federer's road went from:
Hurkacz-Shapovalov-Berrettini
to
Millman-Fucsovics-Sandgren

but any problem cannot be found
I actually believe Millman and Sandgren are tougher for Fred than Hurkacz and Berretini. Still a massive cakewalk overall.

Rate Legs as a tough match-up for Sandgren, but he's neither the type of player that will bend over nor the player who chokes, so if there's any chance, I assume he'll take it.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
The one we've all been waiting for.

Federer's road went from:
Hurkacz-Shapovalov-Berrettini
to
Millman-Fucsovics-Sandgren

but any problem cannot be found
Fed's quarter was a joke when the draw came out but it didn't really get any easier.

Hurkacz is as gutless as Fucsovics and Shapovalov and Berrettini are brainless ballbashers and 100% useless vs. Fed.

Millman is harder than all of them. And it's actually impossible for Sandgren to embarras himself harder than Berrettini did at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Rankings of Roger Federer’s first five opponents at this year’s Australian Open 75 41 47 67 100

Since his defeat to Djokovic at Wimbledon final, Federer has only faced one top 15 opponent at Grand slam. - Goffin(R4 USO)

You can't even script such a beautiful draw. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Tennis GOAT v tennis playing Tennys from Tennessee. Hopefully that extra set v Fog will have an effect, certainly Fed didn't seem too fearful laughing and joking with Mac there.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well the tennis top 30-100 are very close in terms of skill ceiling at the moment. i see at least 15 ppl that could be easily top 20 players if their performance would be more consistent.
Millman, fucsovics and sandgren are all capable of playing lights our on any given day and are not easy first rounds.
On the other hand there are a lot of solid players with little to no weapons that are ranked a lot higher but gather points more consistent such as goffin, pella, lajovic, PCB.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Biggest fucking joke of a draw ever at a slam

Fedturderistas with all their nonstop whining about nadal's draw
Have never seen anything like this to the semis.

I hope Djok destroys him, I have no doubt he will

·
Registered
13,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fed's quarter was a joke when the draw came out but it didn't really get any easier.

Hurkacz is as gutless as Fucsovics and Shapovalov and Berrettini are brainless ballbashers and 100% useless vs. Fed.

Millman is harder than all of them. And it's actually impossible for Sandgren to embarras himself harder than Berrettini did at Wimbledon.
If Hurkacz was gutless he wouldn't beat Schwartzman/Coric/Thiem in succession. He has no problem beating top players. Great record against the top 10.

Can't agree with Shapo being a brainless ballbasher. By pure talent he would have given Fed a challenge. Berrettini I agree, that section was just weak.

Millman wasn't much.

I actually believe Millman and Sandgren are tougher for Fred than Hurkacz and Berretini. Still a massive cakewalk overall.

Rate Legs as a tough match-up for Sandgren, but he's neither the type of player that will bend over nor the player who chokes, so if there's any chance, I assume he'll take it.
Hurkacz' game is tailor made to beat Fed.

Sandgren will be pesty and hang in there, for sure. He's strong mentally.

·
Registered
13,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the tennis top 30-100 are very close in terms of skill ceiling at the moment. i see at least 15 ppl that could be easily top 20 players if their performance would be more consistent.
Millman, fucsovics and sandgren are all capable of playing lights our on any given day and are not easy first rounds.
On the other hand there are a lot of solid players with little to no weapons that are ranked a lot higher but gather points more consistent such as goffin, pella, lajovic, PCB.
Millman is absolutely not capable of playing "lights out tennis" lol.

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
Rankings of Roger Federer’s first five opponents at this year’s Australian Open 75 41 47 67 100

Since his defeat to Djokovic at Wimbledon final, Federer has only faced one top 15 opponent at Grand slam. - Goffin(R4 USO)

You can't even script such a beautiful draw. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
That is quite funny, but matches are not played on paper. And people should stop complaining about draws. I have done that in the past. You can't choose who you face.

·
Registered
9,999 Posts
Biggest fucking joke of a draw ever at a slam

Fedturderistas with all their nonstop whining about nadal's draw
Have never seen anything like this to the semis.

I hope Djok destroys him, I have no doubt he will
If Novak destroys him he will beat our Rafa too, we need a strong and fit Federer to battle Djokovic.

·
23,007 Posts
That is quite funny, but matches are not played on paper. And people should stop complaining about draws. I have done that in the past. You can't choose who you face.
Funny you said that when you kinda given up of Stan beating Nadal during the 2014 AO Finals -- I get it was improbable, but this is just an ironic statement that I guess you learn not to have full certainty in these matches.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts