Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who wins?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Rankings Master
16,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who wins encounter number 6 this Saturday? H2H is 3-2 in favour of Novak. Novak almost got taken down by Shapovalov, but different match tomorrow.

·
Registered
17,967 Posts
Medvedev surely not at his best since last USO, big chance for Novak here.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Djoker looks better so far,so Nole.But in 3 i guess

·
Registered
820 Posts
This could be an interesting match in terms of AO.
Absolutely. Also, besides the Medvedev-Djokovic rivalry, I think this could be interesting for AO in regard to the battle for the seeding spots. Medvedev is just slightly behind Thiem in the ranking. I have not checked out the details regarding the points awarded in the ATP cup, but my guess is that the Russian overtakes Thiem and grabs the number four position win a win here. Does anybody know for sure if this is true or not?

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
This could be an interesting match in terms of AO.
Proximity of the AO and the fact that Novak lost their last 2 matches definitely makes it important regarding mental edge. Novak needs this victory. My prediction: Djoker in 3.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Should be a close one.

Djokovic will be eager to get a win here to prove a point and not let Medvedev be on a 3 match win streak against him

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
If Novak is mentally into it & ROS up to snuff, give the edge to him but Med wiII do whatever it takes to push for 3 sets since pushing is what he does best even when he can’t win.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Nole to take the first with furious begining, than revive Medvedev by a sudden level dip.

I have seen Novak strinking hard vs Monfils, I hope that's the gameplan, because vs Danil, he will not be the one lasting longer in rallies I'm afraid.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Medvedev in 2.

Djokovic was awful today, while Daniil played his best match vs Schwartzman.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Nole to take the first with furious begining, than revive Medvedev by a sudden level dip.

I have seen Novak strinking hard vs Monfils, I hope that's the gameplan, because vs Danil, he will not be the one lasting longer in rallies I'm afraid.
Nd is just going hard when he is angry, otherwise quite defensive.
Medvedev is defensive also.
Shappo hits way harder but too wild but he has improved.
Interesting match up

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Nd is just going hard when he is angry, otherwise quite defensive.
Medvedev is defensive also.
Shappo hits way harder but too wild but he has improved.
Interesting match up

I am sure Novak doesn't allow himself that his anger should control his play, regardless of the stress level. He just lets it go after points.

By furious I meant he really goes out and plays with controlled aggression, but going for it when he can. But as soon as he takes any substantial advantage, he drops.

I only just saw the Shapovalov match highlights, he was standing miles behind the baseline again.

If he gets stuck in rallies with Danil while waiting for an error.... it's gonna be a huge issue.

·
justice for all
16,252 Posts
Rooting for the Mad Lad here. Seed 4 for Domi is already gone if I have it right.
Hopefully the Bullshit Russian will use every trick in his arsenal to send Novack back to his piano classes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts