Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

• [4] Basilashvili

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [6] Nishikori

• An Austrian (D. Novak, Kohlschreiber, Ofner)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Fogmeister top seed of the greatest tournament on planet earth after Thiem failed to tank in time and Djokovic mistimed his ball abuse as well. Nice field nonetheless, just as usual.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Don Flavio is back :cool:

Schwartzman, Sinner and Emil all in the draw despite getting "extremely injured" in NY :LOL:

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
Can Djokovic get a WC here and enhance the winning streak?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Resident Philip Kohlschreiber playing vs Jannick Sinner who is from South Tyrol (so only 120km from his home) in first round.
Better field than usual thanks to the strange year...

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
Can Sinner get a break in one of these first rounds?

Ffs.

Btw tough that the back injury was so momentary, ugh

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
Nishikori is back! Whoah

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Unfortunately that the King of Kitzbuhel (Haase) is not playing. He has two trophies in his cabinet, among all his other prizes.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Schwartzman, Sinner and Emil all in the draw despite getting "extremely injured" in NY :LOL:
Can comment with respect to Emil in further detail that he indeed thought he'd caused some more serious damage to his adductor muscle (and all of us who know smthng about athletes know that injuries in those specific muscles can be particularly nasty, far too often keeping you off the courts for a longer time), but as soon as he had it properly treated, the injury/pain he felt appeared to be more temporal in its nature, and after some more treatments, checks and rest it was gone. But while it was disturbing him in the match and didn't go away after MTO, he considered it wiser to retire. Right move? Only he and his team might have a clear idea.

With respect to Jannik, then again, I'm now more inclined to think he didn't have much else than huge cramps, due to having underestimated the humidity in Nyc completely. Cramps alone are clearly not an injury as such, but they sure can deteriorate your capability of playing decent tennis.

As for Diego, I have no further info. Didn't even know he was 'officially' injured, just thought his game went downwards as the match progressed, but that can be due to almost anything: tiredness, mild flu, mental issues etc.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
And yes, surely an interesting field this. I just don't know how much more 'passive tennis watching' I will be able to include in my days, as I feel like I haven't been sleeping or exercising properly in a week now due to staying awake for the USO matches - not the best combination if you've got a rather demanding job as well.

But no, I'm not complaining after the long pause we had. Should just know my own limits better.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,927 Posts
No real big expectations for Kei, especially after COVID19. Kecmanovic isn't an easy starter. But good to at least see him play, can't believe one year has passed. He has a new coach alongside Chang in Mirnyi, interested to see what he will do differently in general.

And yes, surely an interesting field this. I just don't know how much more 'passive tennis watching' I will be able to include in my days, as I feel like I haven't been sleeping or exercising properly in a week now due to staying awake for the USO matches - not the best combination if you've got a rather demanding job as well.

But no, I'm not complaining after the long pause we had. Should just know my own limits better.
At least some of these ATP matches are recorded so you can review on tennistv later should you be interested.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
At least some of these ATP matches are recorded so you can review on tennistv later should you be interested.
Thanks. I know they're now showing basically every match of these ATP 250's as well on Tennis TV (which wasn't the case a few years back) and the easiest means to ensure you'll be able to watch them later on is to use the 'add to my channel' option, as the replays just aren't always there.

Often it's just not the same experience to watch a match afterwards though, since all your friends have already told you the result etc. That's why I tend to stay up in the middle of the night right now as USO is played, even though they do have replays available on Eurosport Player.

I'm not always this addicted to tennis, but after the long wait I've found myself in some trouble. This stage will surely pass, no worries.

No real big expectations for Kei, especially after COVID19. Kecmanovic isn't an easy starter. But good to at least see him play, can't believe one year has passed. He has a new coach alongside Chang in Mirnyi, interested to see what he will do differently in general.
And I wish the best of luck for Kei in Kitz, since I can relate to the feeling of not being able to see your all time fave play for a long time well enough, far too well to be exact. Hopefully he'll get to play more than just one match.

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
Can comment with respect to Emil in further detail that he indeed thought he'd caused some more serious damage to his adductor muscle (and all of us who know smthng about athletes know that injuries in those specific muscles can be particularly nasty, far too often keeping you off the courts for a longer time), but as soon as he had it properly treated, the injury/pain he felt appeared to be more temporal in its nature, and after some more treatments, checks and rest it was gone. But while it was disturbing him in the match and didn't go away after MTO, he considered it wiser to retire. Right move? Only he and his team might have a clear idea.

With respect to Jannik, then again, I'm now more inclined to think he didn't have much else than huge cramps, due to having underestimated the humidity in Nyc completely. Cramps alone are clearly not an injury as such, but they sure can deteriorate your capability of playing decent tennis.

As for Diego, I have no further info. Didn't even know he was 'officially' injured, just thought his game went downwards as the match progressed, but that can be due to almost anything: tiredness, mild flu, mental issues etc.
Nobody said any of those guys were "extremely injured". Especially not Schwartzman.

He just made a clownish comment.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Nobody said any of those guys were "extremely injured". Especially not Schwartzman.

He just made a clownish comment.
I know, but by all means, all kinds of comments in every thread here - especially right now. And it feels kind of luxurious to have even a thread or two with no Djokovic in the thread title at the moment.

Just wanted to explain what I knew about Emil's condition at least, as people outside Finland may not be that well aware of what exactly happened to him. Even if this guy commenting may not have been that interested in hearing that, some others might be.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts