Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win?

1 - 20 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal leads H2H 17-9

I think it will be close with Nadal prevailing in four.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Federer in four. I believe :)

Australia Day curse hits Nadal again :D

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Federer is 3 or 4.

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
I actually think Federer has a huge chance here. Nadal's serve, especially his second, was terrible in his match against Berdych. Federer may struggle if he continues to have a low first serve percentage, but he has been extremely solid off the ground, especially with his backhand. I'll be bold and say Federer in 4.

If Federer has similar chances Berdych has, I think Federer has this. While Berdych played well and took his chances fine, in the biggest moments, especially when he had the chance to go 2 sets to love he just couldn't executive. IMO Federer is playing well enough to execute on the big points and he may have enough confidence with his recent wins and his great win over Nadal in London.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Fed will do well to win a set. He played plenty well enough against Tomic & Del Potro, but they have completely different games from Nadal's, & similar tactics won't work against Nadal. Neither Tomic nor Del Potro gets the ball up high to Fed's backhand, & Berdshit has played Nadal into form. On that horrible day in January 2009, Fed was let down by a low 1st-serve percentage, having easily beaten Del Po, while Nadull had come through a marathon against Verdasco - & guess what's happening this time? Nadull in straights, 7-6,7-5,7-6.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I should have last time, but i am putting 200 $ on this match. Nadal in 3 tight sets, or 4 sets (with 3 being tight, one being a blow out)

·
Banned
163 Posts
Obviously Fed will win poll because of bigger fanbase,

Nadal in 4

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Fed will do well to win a set. He played plenty well enough against Tomic & Del Potro, but they have completely different games from Nadal's, & similar tactics won't work against Nadal. Neither Tomic nor Del Potro gets the ball up high to Fed's backhand, & Berdshit has played Nadal into form. Nadull in straights, 7-6,7-5,7-6.
sounds reasonable

·
TOMUG UNITED
1,485 Posts
We've seen this before at grand slams. Doesnt matter how well Federer is playing, he will crap his pants when he plays against Nadal and will lose.

1 - 20 of 484 Posts