WWW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafael Nadal and Stefanos Tsitsipas are interesting rivals who always try to show not only high-quality, but also beautiful tennis. The public simply adores when these opponents cross racquets to determine who is the best athlete to date.

Who will win?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Re: AO SF: Nadal vs. Tsitsipas

Nadal CC to OHBH will be hard to avoid for Tsitsi, despite his stellar performances here. Thinking Nadal in 4, just to make it fun.

·
Registered
27,183 Posts
Is it just me or does big Stefanos always looks like he's late to a meeting when he power walks between points?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Either has to be Nadal in a simple 3 or Tsitsipas in 4 doesn't it?

But seriously I think this will be like an old Fedal match, Nadal will break the single-hander down and if Tsitsipas starts like he did vs Agut we'll get a mirror of the 1st set of the match Nadal's just played, unlike Agut he won't let Tsitsipas in enough to break back.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Well, the end is nigh for Tsitsi. Nadal is looking scary. Who can stop Nadal? Honestly I don't see anyone doing it. Nadal in 3, maybe 4 if Tsitsi serves very well.

·
Banned
584 Posts
The first set is absolutely crucial here. If Stef wins then it might be another Thiem-like or Cilic-like match, If Nadal it wins then he won't drop more than 12 games to the greek.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Well, the end is nigh for Tsitsi. Nadal is looking scary. Who can stop Nadal? Honestly I don't see anyone doing it. Nadal in 3, maybe 4 if Tsitsi serves very well.
I've seen you posting a similar sort of thing in numerous places.

I'll put it this way, I'm a pretty good snooker player, if I play well and make some good breaks vs some inferior players in my club that does not mean I'll play the exact same when I come up against much better players who will put a lot more pressure on me and punish me more for mistakes.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Nadal hasnt dropped a set and his form is impervious, so it should be Nadal. But all my prediction has been a flop this AO, so.....

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
Tsitsipas to slay the Greater Evil in 4.
Dude i think you are in the wrong thread. He already Beat Federer in 4 last round.>:)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Good vs Evil, no?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Tsitsipas will learn the cruel lesson that net approaches rarely work against Nadal. He has the patience and the variety in his game, but not the shots to outhit the Spaniard from the baseline.

Nadal will win in three easy sets.

·
Registered
14,092 Posts
I don't really make slam win calls for Rafa, but this one's been clear to me since after the 3R.

Rafa will win the AO, and at most lose a set here.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Good news for Tsitsipas is that he's played Nadal before. If he played him for the first time he would've been smoked (as he was in Barcelona and the first set in Canada). So he should know what patterns will Nadal play and what he should do to hurt Nadal.

The question is how will his return fare against the Spaniard's improved serve and how clutch will both players be when they get the opportunity. Tsitsipas was very clutch against Federer, especially in saving BPs, but I can' t see him being this successful against Nadal. Ultimately I can't see Nadal losing in this form and in these conditions against a one-handed backhand (this is not AO 2017 fast court). The Spaniard in 4 is my pick.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts