• Federer in 5

Votes: 3 5.9%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hungarian has been peaking .

I'm almost tempted to say Fucsovic in 4 , unless Federer wakes up.

·
The special one
14,805 Posts
Obviously on Federers Racquet. He needs to play better than he did tonight though, although with that said he did look pretty sharp in his first couple of matches.

I'll take Fed in 3. I don't think he'll lose before the SF. I think this'll be the wakeup call he needs.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
He can surely - like Millman - also make it a gruelling contest. These are horrid match-ups for Federer in early rounds. Fucsovics is incredibly fit and can go on for hours. Didn't see him play but based on his results he's been playing well so far.

·
Premium Member
11,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He can surely - like Millman - also make it a gruelling contest. These are horrid match-ups for Federer in early rounds. Fucsovics is incredibly fit and can go on for hours. Didn't see him play but based on his results he's been playing well so far.
POTUS Fucsovic is a fantastic player. He isn't even a pusher, but just a solid all court, olympic level fit player. I wish I could train with Fucsovic and be in as good of shape as he is.

Really his only downfall is mental. He has a very complete game

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Fucsovics doesn't have good BH and also he won't return Fed's serve as well as Millman.
Therefore result should be similar to AO 18.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Folks, sure Marton Fucsovics is a fine and solid player but reading this thread you would think he is an elite player, he is not, just 1 ATP title... only exception I would make is a guy like Julien Benneteau who was 0 title but could trouble almost anyone on a great day.

Roger in 3.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Folks, sure Marton Fucsovics is a fine and solid player but reading this thread you would think he is an elite player, he is not, just 1 ATP title... only exception I would make is a guy like Julien Benneteau who was 0 title but could trouble almost anyone on a great day.

Roger in 3.
How many titles does Millman have?

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
I can't remember the last time I saw Fucsovics play. I have no idea if he has made any improvements in his game. You have to say Federer in 3 or 4. Another 5 setter would not be good for the Swiss. For a 38 year old, Federer is fit, but this is not grass, where he gets many more free points. He needs to win in 3 or 4 sets max.

·
Registered
19 Posts
God damn! It is Fucsovics.. Like Hungarians use different set of letters which is completely unknown to the rest of the world.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fucsovics is a fanboi, in 2018 in AO he almost asked for an autograph. Federer in 3, one tight set.
Not really. Federer has asked Fucsovics to come train with him many times in the past. Which Fucso accepted - of course. So it's not like they met first time in 2018 AO and Fucsovics was almost pissing in his pants from joy..;).

·
Registered
846 Posts
OK, it may have nothing to do with tennis, but Fuscovics is GORGEOUS! He is a great big gorgeous 6' 2" HUNK! I just want to keep seeing him, so I pray to the Gods of Manly Salivating Wet Pants Scrumptiousness that he wins!

I hope he gets his brain in gear and believes. Don't be a fan boi and give it away. He has a real chance here. Federer will be knackered, stiff and sore, and it's time he got a shock. Take it Marton, PLEASE!!!!!

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Federer will have to drastically reduce his UE error count to win this. But then I think Fucsovics' style fits Federer better than Millman's.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
3-1 Federer, but if Roger plays like he did today then Marton can win

·
Registered
889 Posts
From a betting perspective, Fucsovics looks like a good option of where to put the money. He is rated at 5.5 for the moment at betfair, and likely the odds will increase to around 6.0 before the match starts. The best version of 38-year-old Federer is still good enough to win 3-0, I guess, but it is hard to tell beforehand which version of Federer that shows up. I voted Federer 3-1 in the poll, which corresponds to a fairly good version of olderer, given that Fucsovics has looked strong in the previous rounds.

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
POTUS Fucsovic is a fantastic player. He isn't even a pusher, but just a solid all court, olympic level fit player. I wish I could train with Fucsovic and be in as good of shape as he is.

Really his only downfall is mental. He has a very complete game
Good to hear. Would have been nice to hear when everyone was shitting on Shap for losing to him.

MTF .....

1 - 20 of 65 Posts