Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Rublev in 5

Votes: 3 8.6%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Zverev is gunning for his first HC slam QF, while Rublev is on a hot win streak of 15 straight matches. I watched all 3 of their previous matchups, all were utterly one-sided, maybe with the exception of the second set of Shanghai last year, and even that was after Zverev lost focus holding a 6-0 3-0 lead. Rublev could surprise Zverev riding a wave of confidence, but I still favor Zverev here and I think he can take this one in 4. What do you guys think about this match?

Reactions: InfoKenway

·
Registered
8,381 Posts
This is one of the best match-ups for Zverev.
Should win in 3, especially considering that Rublev must be tired.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
the Vampire will slay the Angel in 4 tight sets

·
justice for all
15,149 Posts
For me it’s clearly Zverev who’ll win. Favourable matchup and being fresher are two main factors that will decide the outcome. So unless Zverev gets back to his terrible serving and being too defensive he has it.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Normally Zverev wins this easily based on match-up, but even if he plays terribly Rublev will have to play through his defense over a long period of time and I don't see him doing that from a physical standpoint.

Don't see it as even as the bookies and some people here.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
For some reason I'm genuinely unsure about this one despite their history... H2H can be overrated, especially with young players or a small sample size, while confidence from a hot streak can help overcome physical fatigue.

Think Rublev has a better chance than most are making out, but also wouldn't be surprised if he's blown away in straights. Depends on how much Zverev is in his head IMO.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
How is this one for betting ?? :p I never do but ...

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Interesting that the bookies have slight preference for Rublev. I think it is a pretty open match, but for me, Zverev is rather the favourite. He seems to have overcome his service problem for the moment.

·
Your visions will happen
48,556 Posts
Rublev is playing great and I'm not sold on Zverev at all so not surprised to see such close odds

No free lunch this round, everyone is tough

·
Registered
152 Posts
HUGE match for Zverev.... will he finally break through at a slam and break the curse or will he continue his usual pathetic slam performance record??? I say odds are against Zverev given his past slam performance record, but this might be his best chance yet to break into final 8 of a slam.

·
Registered
793 Posts
the Vampire will slay the Angel in 4 tight sets
But... now I'm confused, I thought Angel was the vampire...

On topic, Zverev has gotten his act together. No more double digit double faults, no more being overly passive, no more slamrev. To put it simply but crudely, it is his f*cking time now. Sascha in 4.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think this will be Zverev in 4. Rublev has played solid but Goffin was his first top20 win of the season. I wouldnt say those 2 titles came easily, but he didnt face ultimate test during those tournaments.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I really hope that the singer will prevail.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts