Mens Tennis Forums banner

Give us your shout

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The match we all wanted to see. Diego Sebastián Schwartzman of Buenos Aires is up against Novak of Belgrade. Whole Argentina will be watching this in the middle of the night, so Diego will for sure perform. Can he really be a dark -aka. dangerous- man as his german surname suggests? We shall see.

Who you got in this delicious R4 match?

·
The special one
14,805 Posts
no need to be this cocky IMO, yes he was scary good but Diego will be a different animal.
It's not being cocky, that's just how I see the match going based on what I saw. Novaks serve will be tested far more in this match, Diego is one of the best returners so I hope I'm wrong and we get a 4/5 set match.

·
justice for all
17,515 Posts
Djokovic looked ominous today but hopefully Diego can put up some fight. I still think Diego can snatch a set here.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Diego has not lost a set so far, it is probably the first time he reaches the second week of a slam in these conditions. It means that it will be fresh and be ready to give it all. Of course, he has the highest mountain to climb in front of him, but hopefully he can grab a set and make the match as long as possible. I hope it will be the night cession match on Rod Laver Arena.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
%58,3 believes Novak won't lose a set, let's see if that will be proved to be true.

edit: just down to %50

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
I think Schartzman is every bit as good on HC as he is on clay. But I also think he hits the ball too flat (also no great slice) to trouble Djokovic. Can't hit him off the court, can't grind down.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Kinda funny that so many were predicting an RBA-Tsitsipas clash in the 4th round, and now maybe neither one will make it to the quarterfinals!

If that's the case, then Djokovic has about the best draw he could've hoped for. :) Of course, he still has to make it past Schwartzman, but he should be ready for this battle.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
where is @DieGOAT when we need him?
Here I am mate

Expecting this to turn out like every other slam match from Diego against the top guys. He'll hang in there, maybe win a set or even two, but in the end inevitably fall short. I've got no reason to believe this won't go this way, even though Diego has been playing on a very high level this year so far

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I don't like being cocky, if Novak lost a set vs. Struff, he can lose a set vs. Diego as well, even though it was in the first round. The guy is a speedy Gonzales with amazing shots when he has his day.

Hope Nole will start sharp and not chase the lead.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts