Mens Tennis Forums banner

Nadal v Kyrgios

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
The special one
14,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's on. The match we wanted to see when the draw came out. Who's your money on?

I just hope Nick has recovered physically after the war he's just been in.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I hope Kyrgios can recover physically. If he does, this could be an epic.

I'm predicting Nadal in 4 given their time on court and Nick's potential injury problem.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Looking forward to this. A lot will depend how rested Nick will be.

btw nice to see you posting again OP.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Nadal will definitely have his work cut out for him when it comes to actually breaking the Kyrgios serve. Kyrgios will also like his chances of breaking Nadal moreso than Karen in the last 2 sets.

I'll go Nadal in 4, but I can see a world where it's a straight set or a 5 set banger if Kyrgios has enough in the tank and Nadal has a bad day.

·
Registered
662 Posts

I'm predicting Nadal in 4 given their time on court and Nick's potential injury problem.
Physical recovery not the most important factor. Mental recovery is way harder considering the Simon-match and above all else the Khachanov one.

·
Registered
17,768 Posts
Physical recovery not the most important factor. Mental recovery is way harder considering the Simon-match and above all else the Khachanov one.
obviously mental doesn't mean shit when you can't properly move anymore

·
|
15,331 Posts

Rafa won in 4 at Wimbledon 2019, and Kyrgios is better on grass than hardcourt and was 100% fit at Wimbledon, so your prediction makes no sense....

·
Registered
732 Posts
Most likely Kyrgios wont even show up. He will pretend to be injured and withdraw. He doesnt want to get humiliated on the court.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nadal in straights...Nick's apathy towards his physical fitness will show in his inability to fully recover and mentally, he will suffer his usual lapses, and the night match conditions will help Nadal temper Kyrgios' aggressive/bold game style, allowing Nadal to progress to the QF

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
i think Rafa got this in 4.
i really want to see Rafa vs Domi in the QF

·
Registered
2,057 Posts

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
If Rafa returns great, he should win this one in 3 straight sets. If Rafa returns ordinary, he should win this in 4 sets.

Other than Kyrgios's serve, what other aspect of his game can hurt Rafa?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts