2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic leads 2-0 H2H

Expecting Djoker to cruise through in 3 sets :sport:

·
Registered
272 Posts
The AO only ever starts now for Novak.

Medvedev / Nishikori / Zverev (Raonic) / Federer (Nadal)

Good for lifting the form up. Still not sure if I'd prefer Rafole or Fedovic at the end, should everything play out in line with seeding.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Could be a tricky one. Medvedev keeps improving, and is looking good. It depends on which Djokovic turns up. The one who won the 4th set 6-0, or the the one who lost 5 games in a row to Shapo. Djokovic in 4 sets.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,607 Posts
I remember when Daniil played him in Davis Cup and took a set then ran out of gas as he had stamina issues at the time. Not completely sure he has solved them fully but he won three titles last year and has beaten some good players to start the season including Milos, Tsonga, and just now Goffin, only losing to Kei in three at Brisbane. Hope for a good contest.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Medved is probably going to be the trickiest opponent for Djokovic in his pursuit for #7. The Istomin of AO17, the Simon of AO16 or the Stan of AO13.

If he can in his current form find a way to defeat Medvedev then I think he will be the AO champion 90%. I don't think though that he will be able to tame the Russian bear here.

Medvedev in 4 I guess.

·
Registered
19,155 Posts
Meddy :armed::armed:

Reactions: Break point Dom.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I don't suppose Medvedev will be stuppid enough to talk trash before a match with Djokovic.

·
Premium Member
10,316 Posts
Well depends a lot which session this match will be scheduled.

If daytime Daniil flat shots should not be that efficient with high bounce and he may be compelled to play long rallies where frustration may fill him.

If night time, lower bounce can make the match more challenging.

I like Medvedev but watching him lost to Mugikori (whose game is a far paler version of Djokovic's) with piling a lot of frustration when his bashed balls were defended last week gives me confidence.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The bookies are definitely underestimating Medvedev here. If Shapo managed to take a set off Nole, Medvedev has the potential to beat him.

·
Premium Member
10,316 Posts
Could be a tricky one. Medvedev keeps improving, and is looking good. It depends on which Djokovic turns up. The one who won the 4th set 6-0, or the the one who lost 5 games in a row to Shapo. Djokovic in 4 sets.
+1
Guess it will be a nerves game indeed.

Not that afraid about Nole to play like in the five consecutive lost games (except if Daniil plays extremly well) because he was frustrated and pissed off and out of focuse.

But not sure he can put easily in the same state of mind like in fourth set.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Medvedev is gonna be the next Davydenko. The guy is so good off both wings but he's too inconsistent and inexperienced to win this match, but I'm expecting him to be top 10 by this time next year, and getting those occasional wins off the top3.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
The AO only ever starts now for Novak.

Medvedev / Nishikori / Zverev (Raonic) / Federer (Nadal)

Good for lifting the form up. Still not sure if I'd prefer Rafole or Fedovic at the end, should everything play out in line with seeding.
That's an easy draw until the final. Inexperienced Next Gen, two of his ultimate pigeons (since Zverev isn't beating Raonic), and only in the final an actual threat. Someone like Agut or Cilic would provide more challenge...

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
You hear that @Arsenalex? Everyone thinks this will be a tough match up and I agree. I hope you have some juicy odds prepared for us. Djokovic looks like a wreck and is most likely carrying a shoulder injury. I believe Medvedevev is slightly the favorite to advance here.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
Easy peasy 3 sets for the 6 times champ

Only milos can bug him or stop him from reaching the F

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Really good match in store here, has to be a night session surely? Medvedev really stepping up a level now but don't see him beating Nole over 5 set just yet. Could happen if this was B03 as we saw tail end of last season when Nole played peaking players.

Nole in four tight sets I reckon.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts