• Fritz in 5

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even if Fed avoids Monfils I think Fritz can trouble him from the baseline especially that he has a good BH, also he serves well, so he won't be easy to break. In Stuttgart 2016 they played pretty close 3-setter on grass. I think Fed can lose a set here to win in 4 sets.

·
Registered
97 Posts
fedr vs Fritzacone! Is there anyone that knows The Maestro’s game betterer than Paulie A in Taylor’s box? He might coax a set out the mismatch but nothing more. fedr in 3, if he’s sloppy in a TB then 4.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Taylor to make an upset and win 2 sets. He is just cute and has nice developed game. :D

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Guy with more children wins.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I'd love to watch Monfils again, but just like the Nadal-De Minaur match, I'm excited the president of the old guard will face a young player in the third round. Federer probably will lift his game a bit and try to get the early lead.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Fritz better think of not losing to an old 38 year Geezer.

Incredible how so few players try testing Fed's endurance at his advanced age: Millman and Anderson dared last year, and we know the result.

You don't need to match his shot making: just concentrate on putting the ball in the court and observe Fed's reaction.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,615 Posts

Incredible how so few players try testing Fed's endurance at his advanced age: Millman and Anderson dared last year, and we know the result.

You don't need to match his shot making: just concentrate on putting the ball in the court and observe Fed's reaction.
I don't trust Fritz's own stamina. Match with Monfils would have been more draining physically.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Fritz better think of not losing to an old 38 37 year Geezer.

FTFY. Still closer to 37.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts

Um, Kandy didnt put the ball in court, he attacked..

Millman did and it only worked due to the heat, Fed was quite bad.

·
Registered
513 Posts
As the rds go by, Fed's endurance will slowly wither away, and players will have more occasions to test his stamina.

At 38 your body doesn't recuperate as good as 25.

He lost in 4 to Millman.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Fritz is so talented and has a BIG game!
I really like him and I think he is going to be a tough opponent

I hope Roger step it up!
Good luck GOAT

·
Registered
3,233 Posts

Millman's match isn't exactly the right example as those conditions are just totally different...you don't find such high humidity conditions anywhere else. That high humidity was the major reason why Roger lost that day

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
This match is day session as well.

So Federer must be ready it can be a bit tricky out there.
Not only is it day session but it`s a 1PM start.When has Federer last played this early in a day at the AO?
It`s always either evening session or last match in the day session.Pretty weird putting this match at that hour.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Not only is it day session but it`s a 1PM start.When has Federer last played this early in a day at the AO?
It`s always either evening session or last match in the day session.Pretty weird putting this match at that hour.
They would never have De Minaur - Nadal during the day, of course. And besides, Federer will likely prefer it this way, play the noon session now and play Tsitsipas during the night in R4.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts