• Istomin in 5

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
10,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sport:

Or will we seen GOATmin peak out of nowhere?

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Not very likely. Istomin hasn’t won a tour level match since the Kitzbühel semifinals in early august. He won 2 challenger titles though. But I can’t see him pulling off another b2b-champion upset in early rounds for he’s just lost to Bolelli in straight sets

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Great match for Federer to start with and find his rhythm. An easy three set victory in a hour and a half.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Guys like Istomin don't really hurt Fed. It would be a whole different story with Djok or Nadal. Straight sets, maybe close 1st.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Guys like Istomin don't really hurt Fed. It would be a whole different story with Djok or Nadal. Straight sets, maybe close 1st.

Agree with the first part ,most likely it will be 3 sets victory for Federer.

As for second part,that's not quite true. Esp. in Nadal case. Rafa hasn't lost a set to Istomin in 5 meetings . Also hardly (well except rival fans wishful thinking) anyone thought Djokovic will lose to him before it happened in AO R2.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Agree with the first part ,most likely it will be 3 sets victory for Federer.

As for second part,that's not quite true. Esp. in Nadal case. Rafa hasn't lost a set to Istomin in 5 meetings . Also hardly (well except rival fans wishful thinking) anyone thought Djokovic will lose to him before it happened in AO R2.
That's a sound ground, I agree. I remember one match at USO 2010, where the best USO Nadal aka black ninja of 2010 had a real tough fight with Istomin in, I think round 2. It was straight set win, but well earned. Guy can cause troubles if he's got a good day on a quicker surface that AO is now, that's what I'm basing my opinion on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts