Mens Tennis Forums banner

SF ticket goes to..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Tiafoe looked gassed at the end of the match today, doubt he has much left in the tank after 3 long matches. If vintage Nadal shows up, then I can see another beatdown like Rublev in USO ‘17. Hopefully Tiafoe can make a good account of himself in his first true appearance on the big stage, it would exceed my expectations if he could snatch a set.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,632 Posts
Tiafoe is likely out of steam by this pt. He's worked his ass off, in his own words to make it this far.

Even so, Nadal would be too strong for him.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Tiafoe to surprise us all and win this one in four. Because I so and want it.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
They never played each other, right? I wonder how Tiafoe will hold up when Nadal starts playing his mind games, giving him a 0-30 at Nadals serve just to win the next 4 points.

Seems like Nadal is a lock to the semis. Now its Federers time to deliver, and we are all in for one epic battle.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Tiafoe in his post match interview: ''I hope Nadal wins'' and ''He better be ready'' with a smile on his face. And also: ''I can't do anything now (birthday), he's going to run me like crazy''. Love this guy, right attitude.

·
Registered
14,088 Posts
Tiafoe in his post match interview: ''I hope Nadal wins'' and ''He better be ready'' with a smile on his face. And also: ''I can't do anything now (birthday), he's going to run me like crazy''. Love this guy, right attitude.
he didnt say he better be ready, he said you meaning himself in this case

·
Registered
956 Posts
Tiafoe seems to me like he hits as hard as he can but doesn't generate anywhere near enough power or consistency off the ground or on serve.

My guess is an easy easy win for Nadal. 6-2 6-3 6-1 or something like that. The QF will obviously be played first given the other matches are still ongoing so that might further help Nadal.

·
Registered
14,088 Posts
Extremely interesting match.

Will RAFA be able to hold off the next Generation, somehow?

·
justice for all
13,157 Posts
Nadal's draw up till the SF:

R1 - home WC, world no. 237
R2 - home semi-retired veteran
R3 - home junior weaponless clueless mug
R4 - his forever pigeon unseeded Bendych who hasn't played a match since Stuttgart last year
QF - fatigued unseeded Tiafoe who hasn't make a single QF since April last year

It doesn't get better much better than that. The luck of this guy is unbelievable. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

·
Registered
10,507 Posts
Nadal's draw up till the SF:

R1 - home WC, world no. 237
R2 - home semi-retired veteran
R3 - home junior weaponless clueless mug
R4 - his forever pigeon unseeded Bendych who hasn't played a match since Stuttgart last year
QF - fatigued unseeded Tiafoe who hasn't make a single QF since April last year
Not true, he only played one 5 setter. And it wasn't 4th round.

·
justice for all
13,157 Posts
Not true, he only played one 5 setter. And it wasn't 4th round.
+2 long 4-settrs and this is his first slam QF ever on top of that.

Come on, you are a reasonable Nadal fan (unlike Buda for example), you and I both know his draw until the SF is laughable.

BTW - I just hope Stef wins easily gas Agut so that at least we'll have a good SF.

·
Registered
10,507 Posts
+2 long 4-settrs and this is his first slam QF ever on top of that.

Come on, you are a reasonable Nadal fan (unlike Buda for example), you and I both know his draw until the SF is laughable.

BTW - I just hope Stef wins easily gas Agut so that at least we'll have a good SF.
Yeah I am not saying he had a tough draw by any means, but still, Tiafoe will still put on a match, won't be like 2-2-2 for Rafa IMO. Otherwise, decent draw for Rafa, indeed.

About Stef, defo, and congrats mate, as you were his long time supporter.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts