Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who wins?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
hoping for an epic 5-setter!
i think Stan might have a slight edge here, just like against Med..

·
Registered
16,211 Posts
Sheshe Sasha in straitz or less

·
Registered
956 Posts
Really tough to call this one. But I'm going to pick experience. I think under pressure, which of course there will be - I expect Stan to cope better.

I think it's no surprise than I like many can picture a couple of mental implosions from Zverev here. He's serving and playing well enough from the baseline to pick a set up or 2, not sure about 3.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Everything possible here. For me Zverev is the slight favourite, but Wawrinka obviously can be a tough nut to crack.

·
Your visions will happen
48,543 Posts
Stanimal, don't care how many sets

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Slamrinka to edge Slamrev in 4 close sets. I can't elaborate more, for I am not sure how mechanics of this match-up work.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Haven't seen any of his matches so far so I can't really say much about Zverev's level of play. Making it this far without droppint a set is very impressive but I don't think he's faced anyone who was a real challenge so far (Rublev is obviously a favourable matchup for him). I think, in the end, this may just come down to mental toughness. Zverev's is extremely suspect under pressure whereas Stan is normally pretty clutch (and certainly was against Medvedev). Stan in 4.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts