Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like to say that, but RAFA has to save tennis here. Someone like Fritz having an ATP 500 title next to his name would severely damage the sport.

That said, the result is NID AF. Fritz arguably has the worst footwork on tour (which is terrible for playing Nadal) and while he can hit some big FHs here and there, he doesn't have a consistent weapon either (which isn't much better for facing RAFA).
One could argue that this doesn't have anything to do with match-up, that Fritz simply isn't good enough and I wouldn't even disagree on that. When you have to rely on Isner choking a 6-2 4-2* 0-40 you most likely lack game and while I believe Nadal is more vulnerable than Fred/DJ for instance against peaking opponents, he eats players without game alive 99,9% of the times.

Not sure how well RAFA can return, because this is the crucial point that will decide on whether we will get double bakery-products or not.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Fritz will have to serve out of a tree to make this close. His relatively poor footwork/movement will ensure that 90% of medium and long rallies will go Nadal's way.

Nadal 6-4, 6-2

·
Registered
487 Posts
So looks like Nadal will be heading into clay season with a hard court title for the first time since 2014.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
If Nadal will lost one HE MUST RETIRE TOMMOROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Losing Fritz on clay like losing Isner on RG

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Nadal already saved tennis in sf,so...

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Whatever happens at the Jokapoco final, pIease don't bend over Iike the BuIgarian pigeon better known as Dimimug.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts