• Gerardo Lopez Villasenor

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NADAL, Rafael (ESP, 1) vs ANDUJAR, Pablo (ESP)
DE MINAUR Alex (AUS) vs KECMANOVIC, Miomir (SRB)
OPELKA, Reilly (USA) vs KWON, Soonwoo (KOR)
JOHNSON, Steve (USA) vs LAJOVIC, Dusan (SRB, 8)

WAWRINKA, Stan (SUI, 3)
vs TIAFOE, Frances (USA)
ALBOT, Radu (MOL) vs MARTINEZ, Pedro (ESP, SE)
NORRIE, Cameron (GBR, WC) vs MANNARINO, Adrian (FRA)
Q vs DIMITROV, Grigor (BUL, 7)

KYRGIOS, Nick (AUS, 6)
vs HUMBERT, Ugo (FRA)
FRITZ, Taylor (USA) vs MILLMAN, John (AUS)
EDMUND, Kyle (GBR) vs LOPEZ, Feliciano (ESP)
Q vs AUGER-ALIASSIME, Felix (CAN, 4)

ISNER, John (USA, 5)
vs ZVEREV, Mischa (GER, WC)
Q vs LOPEZ VILLASENOR, Gerardo (MEX, WC)
Q vs MCDONALD, Mackenzie (USA, PR)
THOMPSON, Jordan (AUS) vs ZVEREV, Alex (GER, 2)

·
The special one
14,368 Posts
Tournament organisers obviously don't want a repeat of last year's roasting by shamelessly putting King In the opposite half of the draw to Nadal with a very difficult draw.

·
Registered
16,148 Posts
Rafa having to play DeMinaur/Kec 2R smh

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I hope De Minaur loses in R1. He really doesn't need to be going up against Rafa second match back from injury especially when it was their last match that broke him.

·
|
14,939 Posts
Tournament organisers obviously don't want a repeat of last year's roasting by shamelessly putting King In the opposite half of the draw to Nadal with a very difficult draw.
Roasting?
Rafa won 10 more points than Krygios, and Kyrgios never broke Rafa's serve....
It was the most unconvincing win Kyrgios has ever had.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I don't see Nadal losing on clay. Unlike Thiem, who is so inconsistent, Nadal is really King and keeps a very high winning percentage on this surface. He will not repeat the same mistake from last year and revenge the loss.

·
justice for all
15,097 Posts
Interesting draw. Kec vs Nadal in R2 might be interesting. The Serb was playing quite well last few weeks in North America. Then I'd love to see Opelka vs Nadal - that would be real fun to watch how Rafaelito deals with those aces flying by him every second serve.

Will be also interesting to see how's Stan after the AO, would love to see him go deep.

As for the bottom half - I don't see FAA making 3rd final in a row - will be probably gassed and lose early. Kyrgios is a question mark, may win it all or pull out last minute. So maybe some other finalist from the bottom half.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Naa, they are very generous to Kyrgios and gave him an opportunity to avoid hat-trick of roasts.

Wimbledon'19 & AO'20. Does it ring a bell?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think should Zverev reach the final to face Nadal, it will be very close, especially if Zverev plays at his best. The court is known to have high bounces, which can favor players who hit with a lot of top spin like Nadal, but Zverev, who is tragically underrated right now, is actually capable of taking out anyone when his game is on. I nocitced he started to show more consistency in his results toward the end of the last season and if he had gotten through Thiem at the AO, he would have had a better chance against Djokovic in my opinion. I really like his baseline game and when he cuts down on his notrious DFs, he's definitely a big threat to the Big 3 even if when they are in form. Mark my words here. Zverev is sickeningly good!

Reactions: Fedjokodal

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Zverev will win Pulco.It's his fuckin time!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Why did Mischa Zverev receive a WC? Is this one of those follies where a big player promises to turn up if his brother, cousin, father-in-law, former kindergarten friend or whatever gets a wild card?

Reactions: Apophis

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Why did Mischa Zverev receive a WC? Is this one of those follies where a big player promises to turn up if his brother, cousin, father-in-law, former kindergarten friend or whatever gets a wild card?
I'm afraid ONLY REASON is He is brother of A. Zverev)))) But it's not reason really we all know it! It's unhonest. I think A. Zverev said he will be play here only if they give WC to Misha. It's like WC's to Donna Vecic (when she was in bad form really)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Of course.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Do you think Wawrinka has any chance to fully recover and come back to top form? Or is he a lost cause by now?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts