·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Zverev shall not pass to another GS F.
Tsitsipas in 4.

·
justice for all
18,812 Posts
there’s no bigger servebot than Isner, and tsitsipas handled him well. He also has a much better second serve than Zverev :/
there’s no bigger servebot than Isner, and tsitsipas handled him well. He also has a much better second serve than Zverev :/
True. But Isner has 20% rallying abilities of Zverev.

·
Registered
87 Posts
True. But Isner has 20% rallying abilities of Zverev.
could be true. I just haven’t seen a high level from Zverev in this tournament. True, he has needed it, but the match against ADF, ADF was struggling to find the court and Zverev still struggled to close out the first set.

·
25,342 Posts
If Tsitsipas gets through this, it means he joins Zverev, Medvedev and Thiem in the Slam Finalists group — while I don't think they'll be as dominant on that front as the Big Four era obviously, I think they're not gonna as bad as expected and may be more regulars at this stage than some of the worse known eras.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If Tsitsipas gets through this, it means he joins Zverev, Medvedev and Thiem in the Slam Finalists group — while I don't think they'll be as dominant on that front as the Big Four era obviously, I think they're not gonna as bad as expected and may be more regulars at this stage than some of the worse known eras.
If he makes the final I would say he’s a little bit ahead in terms of age. He’s only 22 and could be making his first final.

·
Registered
13,437 Posts
By the way ... where is that @Slamrev dude? He should've appeared at least two rounds ago (usually makes his appearance when Sascha progresses into second week of a slam)

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
The more intriguing semi in my opinion, with the clay season both had they deserved their place here.
I prefer Zverev to win however I expect Stef to receive the honor of losing to Nadal in the final. I say Tsitsipas in 4, would love it to be an epic five set thriller (the tournament needs one epic). I think Sasha will cause Tsitsi problems however the Greek will be mentally stronger and win the big points.
So far Tsitsipas is 0-3 in slam SFs and Zverev is 0-9 vs top 10 in slams...

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Very interesting match! Irrespective of the names, this is how a slam SF should have been for a while now.

It would be great for Zverev to reach another final, but I think Tsitsipas is in the zone and wants it more.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
anything less than a physically brutal 4 or 5 setter with punishing extended rallies will be a major disappointment. i’m going with stef in 4 or 5, but wouldn’t be surprised if big z somehow pulled the upset. fitness/conditioning will be a major factor in the afternoon heat & sun, along with the added mental and emotional toll of playing for a gs final.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ideal would be if they can play for 3.5 h, so Djokovic vs Nadal can start after 7pm lets say. That is the most likely as well. Tsisipas in 4 after a huge battle.

·
Premium Member
25,682 Posts
Difficult to predict the winner here, though Tsitsipas's form is truly has been better throughout the clay season and also here in RG.
Probably he will take it in 4 or 5 sets if Zverev could show enough resistance.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Tits definitely doesn't want it more - Zed wants it so badly that it caused him to fck up the USO F. Tits is just the superior tennis player and that is usually enough.
Sure, but motivation and dedication are key. I don't consider Zverev to be one of the most motivated top players on tour considering the way he accepted Thiem still winning in five at the USO. Almost nonchalant. Where is the German fire?

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
🇬🇷 Sakkari on the women’s side just lost her SF (to the Krejci doubles player who is still in the doubles draw) so Greek won’t be getting any ideas about fulfilling the prophecy.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
The more intriguing semi in my opinion, with the clay season both had they deserved their place here.
I prefer Zverev to win however I expect Stef to receive the honor of losing to Nadal in the final. I say Tsitsipas in 4, would love it to be an epic five set thriller (the tournament needs one epic). I think Sasha will cause Tsitsi problems however the Greek will be mentally stronger and win the big points.
So far Tsitsipas is 0-3 in slam SFs and Zverev is 0-9 vs top 10 in slams...
Ruud v Davidovich Fokina was this years epic.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
41 - 60 of 74 Posts