Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will reach the final of RG?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
I'd prefer Zverev but probably Tsitsipas in 4.

Reactions: estherglycol

·
Registered
385 Posts
Nice to see that Zverev will finally have to face an actual opponent.

There have been 250 level tournaments that have been more challenging, even prior to the semis.

Tsitsipas in 4.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Would be quite a surprise if Zverev wins imo, he's 0-9 vs top10 players at Slam level so he still has stuff to prove vs this caliber of players.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Impossible to predict, so I will try to do exactly that.

The main reason being Zverev. Dude is just unbelievable moody and he can go from total clowning to unplayable and back very fast and with no warning. His FH seems to improve and became a weapon, of course not as good as his opponent, but not a liability. BH is fantastic and if he was able to execute a coherent plan, he should pepper Tsitsipas worse side until it breaks. And it will break eventually as it always does.

So, from Tsitsipas point of view, he should take every chance to dictate with FH. Actually, I think he should be more aggressive than he is from that wing. I have a feeling that in today's coaching a lot of emphasis is put on percentages and "margins", restricting people with serious talent. We would never see Fed's FH today as it would be marked as too risky. So, go full Shapovalov and unleash it Stefanos.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I'll go with Tsitsipas in 4. Day time conditions are probably ideal for Tsitsipas to beat Zverev, and Tsitsipas has had a tougher draw than Zverev so far, so the former should be more battle ready than Zverev is.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I think Zverev would win this in 5 sets. Zverev is playing really well -- won a lot of 6-1 sets -- and his serve is getting him a lot of free points. I think Tsitsipas is also playing really well, but I feel Zverev's serve will give him the edge.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Stef in 4. Kid looks major ready. Worst matchup for Rafa and even Djoker, where I think he’d be a light underdog if not favored depending on the SF results.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
A first time for me to pray on Tstsipas .

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not a fan of either, but I prefer Tsitsipas to Zverev, so hopefully Tsitsipas wins this one.

Should be a pretty good match, Tsitsipas defends his points from last year's French Open.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts