Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I doubt we'll see a repeat of 2018 US Open. Totally different conditions in Melbourne compared to NYC. RLA favors Federer but maybe Millman will snatch a set.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Millman has played well in AO 2020, but his run should end in the third round. In his career, Millman has only one win against top-10 ever, the famous victory over Fed in USO 2018. It would be super-weird if Millman reached two top-10 victories, and both would be against Federer. However, Roger looks good this time, so I'm pretty certain it won't happen. The Swiss oldtimer in 3.

·
12,417 Posts
Fed in 4

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I expect this to run like the first set at USO when Federer still played more or less at his normal level. Federer should win comfortably in 3 or at most 4.

·
justice for all
17,472 Posts
Most likely Fed in 3. Max 4 sets if he mugs it up.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Didn't Federer lose to Milman in USO because he somehow wanted to avoid another Djoker match up? Anyway, Fed should win easily this time.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
This time is different. The USO condition was slow and humid and the Djokovic factor. Milkman don't have a serve and fast stroke to trouble Roger.

·
Premium Member
29,536 Posts
Roger in 3 I would think. Millman is a fighter though.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Fed could lose max 1 set if his level really dips. Nothing more than that. Krajinović was indeed gassed, but Roger played really well regardless of that, some nice, quick, early hitting HC tennis.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Didn't Federer lose to Milman in USO because he somehow wanted to avoid another Djoker match up? Anyway, Fed should win easily this time.
Sorry to break it to you. Champions like Fed (or Novak) do not think that way.
If 38 year old Federer did not avoid Rafa on Philippe Chatrier (the toughest challenge possible in tennis), there is no reason to avoid Nole at USO.

·
|
15,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Federer struggled with Millman at Brisbane 2015 and in the first set of Halle 2019, so that US Open wasn't a complete fluke.
Millman has the game to do some damage to Federer.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Anyone who loses to Millman doesn't deserve to win Slams, lets be honest. Yes a tough player and so is Fucsovics but Fed has been given the best possible route to the semis. Not forgetting that any Slam match win at 38½ is special.

·
Registered
10,853 Posts
Aside from Ken Rosewall, and Jimmy Connor's semifinal run, are there any others?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Millman is kind of a bad match-up for Fred, but still, he has a massive cakewalk here.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts