11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
?

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts
If Federer loses this, I swear I won't be happy, not after he lost the IW final that he should have won. I think he will win this time around, because he is playing better than he was in IW. It will be tight but I think Federer will come through in the end in 2 tiebreak sets.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Fed will be starstruck by Isner and bendover.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Isner hasn't dropped a set all tournament, but he needed tiebreakers to win 9 out of the 10 sets he has won - even against his early round opponents. His serve will always give him a chance against anyone especially on a hardcourt in America. However, the level Federer showed since his second round match here should be good enough to win number 101. Doing so would place him at the top of the Race to London, an impressive feat given that he lost early in the only Slam so far this season. It would also yet again prove that Federer is the best at dealing with new conditions - like he did on the blue clay of Madrid in 2012.

My prediction is Federer in 2, with one tiebreak.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Who cares, tennis has already lost.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Who cares, tennis has already lost.
Oh don't be so melodramatic... FAA and Denis both have their time coming - they are heading in the right direction. As for the final we have the GOAT with his all court brilliance verses the best serve in the business who is extremely clutch in moments at tournaments that he likes in the USA. Should be good!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
If FAA can break Isner twice, Fed should manage it also. Wouldn't be surprised if Isner is a bit weary having played doubles this week also. Fed was okay with Thiem taking IW, but he wants the win here no doubt.

·
The special one
14,020 Posts
It's not often I root for Federer in a final, but I'll be cheering him on here. His ROS has been very good this week, which obviously needs to be the case in this match. If he returns as well as he has been I think he'll win this pretty comfortably, even if he's still serving below 50% first serves.

·
Registered
235 Posts
You should be glad FAA doesn’t have to take a 2 and 2 beating in the final and lost with dignity instead of being blown off court
FAA would've won 7-5 6-2

·
Registered
156 Posts
Roger still has serious physiological barrier when it comes to break point conversion, he need insane amount of bp to score. He also suffers from combination of pressure and fatigue when playing tournament finals. It's a weird place he has been for a while, I would say since the last year IW.

·
23,063 Posts
Sigh, a battle between 30-year olds again for a big title. Glad to see Domi snatch one in Indian Wells, and it really is just incredible to see Fed reaching back-to-back finals. Isner though is fascinating after not playing so well in past months. Even with a changed venue he still has his USner powers working. How does he do it, what's the air there that he looks like a different player at times?

Anyway, I think Fed will come back stronger this time and would really buckle up to get the trophy this time. If he has been maneuvering as well as I have read then this could be finished in 2.

You should be glad FAA doesn’t have to take a 2 and 2 beating in the final and lost with dignity instead of being blown off court
Dignity shmignity, 240 more points for the youngster for reaching the final and some good money will be what FAA prefer more, I would assume. :lol:

1 - 20 of 119 Posts