• [8]Daniil Medvedev(RUS)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Stan Wawrinka(SUI)

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Mikhail Youzhny(RUS)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Andrey Rublev(RUS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One of Baghdatis, Klizan, and the rest.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decent field for a 250. But tough to know the physical condition of various players coming off the US Open and Davis Cup.

On Fogna's tough side of the draw, Wawrinka and Khachanov set to meet in 2nd round if Wawrinka beats Bedene.
A chance for Shapovalov.

Thiem gets Rublev or Struff in the 2nd round.

Who is going to take it?

Dedicated to the Colonel playing in what is probably his final ATP tournament.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
RBA's quarter is very weak, he should be able to advance to the semifinal at least even with his form lately.

Lol, Dominic is still playing everywhere, he must love tennis with a big passion. ?

And possible R2 between Klizan and Fognini. I love this match-up full of shotmaking and drama.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RBA's quarter is very weak, he should be able to advance to the semifinal at least even with his form lately.

Lol, Dominic is still playing everywhere, he must love tennis with a big passion. ?
Winning it would make it Dominic's biggest paycheck ($193,460) of the year outside the AO, RG, USO, and Madrid .. :shrug:

Though Laver Cup winning side share would be bigger, his interest may not have been? ;)

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
I just wanted to write that Thiem is only here to collect the appearance fee and will tank in R2 but I just checked his schedule and it looks like he won't play again until Shanghai (no Beijing/Tokyo) so he might as well go all in here. Will probably still end up losing R2 anyway knowing his indoor record :lol:

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pulling for the Colonel to beat Thiem in the semis and beat Stan the Man in the final. :)

Misha has a 3-1 record vs Stan on hard courts, but the matches have been close.

25‑Jul‑2016 Canada Masters Hard R32 (2)Stanislas Wawrinka [SUI] d. Youzhny 7-6(3) 7-6(8)
30‑Aug‑2010 US Open Hard QF (12)Youzhny d. (25)Stanislas Wawrinka [SUI] 3-6 7-6(7) 3-6 6-3 6-3
24‑Mar‑2010 Miami Masters Hard R32 (13)Youzhny d. (19)Stanislas Wawrinka [SUI] 1-6 7-6(5) 7-5
5‑Aug‑2007 Canada Masters Hard R32 (14)Youzhny d. Stanislas Wawrinka [SUI] 6-4 6-4

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Basic and RBA have to do the honorable thing here. Nothing else matters. :p

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
No dodgy Russian against a dodgy Italian in the first round, I'm disappointed

·
justice for all
13,135 Posts
Very strong field as for a 250. Ideally I'd see Dominic - Denis or Dominic - Stan final but many players may go deep.

Will be interesting to see how Khachanov's doing after his pretty strong USO performance.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Fognini and Shapovalov in the quarters could be fun after the comments mid and post match from Fognini in Toronto.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts