Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking in to see someWTT on tv and it's been a disaster. The tennis is good but nobody is there, it looks like they are selling eight tickets per match. Absolutely nobody there. Billie Jean King the founder of WTT is not even there, she was in NYC at McEnroe academy two days ago. When the owner and founder of WTT doesn't even bother to show up for WTT it's a bad sign. The tennis is good though, but there are no big names. Very strange odd atmosphere. Tommy Paul, Kudla, Sloane, Coco Vandy, Olmos, Clijsters, Vukic, it's minor league but good action. But tennis needs a gallery and atmosphere and it's a shame WTT is a total ghost town this year. Should have played in Florida at the old Key Biscayne venue.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Checking in to see someWTT on tv and it's been a disaster. The tennis is good but nobody is there, it looks like they are selling eight tickets per match. Absolutely nobody there. Billie Jean King the founder of WTT is not even there, she was in NYC at McEnroe academy two days ago. When the owner and founder of WTT doesn't even bother to show up for WTT it's a bad sign. The tennis is good though, but there are no big names. Very strange odd atmosphere. Tommy Paul, Kudla, Sloane, Coco Vandy, Olmos, Clijsters, Vukic, it's minor league but good action. But tennis needs a gallery and atmosphere and it's a shame WTT is a total ghost town this year. Should have played in Florida at the old Key Biscayne venue.
I caught a few minutes on TV and the fan attendance was pathetic, indeed. But not surprising given how sparse it was for ATP/WTA Indian Wells.

Key Biscayne or somewhere in South Florida would have been nice. Maybe even a smaller club.

I’m curious to see how ticket sales will be next year for IW and Miami.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I caught a few minutes on TV and the fan attendance was pathetic, indeed. But not surprising given how sparse it was for ATP/WTA Indian Wells.

Key Biscayne or somewhere in South Florida would have been nice. Maybe even a smaller club.

I’m curious to see how ticket sales will be next year for IW and Miami.
Yes, like Longboat Key Club or IMG Academy. IW has been a mistake. Also BJK should be there every day.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, like Longboat Key Club or IMG Academy. IW has been a mistake. Also BJK should be there every day.
To be fair to BJK, she had to attend the Fed Cup event now named after her (BJK Cup), while wearing a mask the entire time indoors, in Prague, Czech. Then turn around and fly to Guadalajara, Mexico for the WTA Finals. Let her get a break. She has a life outside of watching tennis matches, especially sad ones played by nobodies in front of 10 fans...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts