Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who has the biggest chance of scoring an upset against the any of the big 4?

• Berdych

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Ferrer

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Tsonga

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Fish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Del Potro

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Tipsarevic

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.4%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Which of the little 4, and possible contenders, have the best chance of pulling an upset of one or more of the big 4?

Little 4:
Ferrer (qualified) :cool:
Berdych :lick:
Fish :yawn:
Tsonga :D

Possible(but unlikely) contenders(based on points/playing calender):
Tipsy :facepalm:
Delpony :sad:
Gillou :cheerleader:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
None of them.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Tsonga out of those 4. He's defeated everyone at the slams. So I'm going with him, and even if the surface sucks for him, he'll probably get it done in 3. Won't beat all of them, but wouldn't be surprised if he at least surprised one.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I think while logically Fish or Berdych should have great chances, I think Tsonga's self-confidence has gone up. He'll want to make a statement here. It's an opportunity, and he should make the most of it.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Highest chance for multiple upsets: Tsonga

Lowest chance: Ferrer

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Fish in WTF :facepalm:

Anyway, Mugray isn't really part of the big 4 as he's slamless and fails on the big stage so him losing to someone like Clownga would not qualify as an upset.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I could see any of them upsetting players, who knows

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
If Gael gets in he is the most dangerous player in the field because of his all-around variety and weapons and he is coming to the net quite frequently now aside from the USO loss he has been on fire since the French Open.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Fed, Nadal and Djokovic might get upseted (is this word even exist?), but no one will upset Murray. He'll take this.

Somebody make the WWW thread for WTF already! I want to vote for Murray ASAP.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
If Gael gets in he is the most dangerous player in the field because of his all-around variety and weapons and he is coming to the net quite frequently now aside from the USO loss he has been on fire since the French Open.
LOL come on.......Nadal,Fed and Novak own him

Fed, Nadal and Djokovic might get upseted (is this word even exist?), but no one will upset Murray. He'll take this.

Somebody make the WWW thread for WTF already! I want to vote for Murray ASAP.
nice trolling

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think he's too low in in the race/not playing enough in the remaining tourneys too qualify realistically- he's a thousand points out side of the top 8, and given that he's not playing this week, it looks like a tall order.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interestingly, Tsonga has big wins against Nadal and Federer this year on grass, but hasn't beaten Murray in years. Fish has split the last two meetings against Nadal
Only Del Potro has beaten Djokovic this year outside of the top 4, but he just lost to Blake in straight sets...
Berdych has won the last 3/4 against Fed, and hasn't beaten Nadal in years. Interestingly, he's only played Murray 3 times, winning in straights in 2010 on clay, but their next most recent match was in 2006, when Murray was a teen.

Ferrer is 0-11 vs. Fed, but does have a hardcourt win against Nadal this year. He's lost the last two matches against Murray in straights, and has never beaten Murray on hard.

Should they end up in the right groupings, there could be a few upsets. Somehow I doubt they'll be in the right groupings.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Knowing the crooked London organizers, they'll attempt to give Mugray a cakewalk draw with mugs like Ferrer and Fish in his RR, giving him a free SF spot. :eek: Last year was a joke - he made SF despite getting thrashed by the Swiss geezer and people still think all draws are made to favor Nadal :superlol:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts