Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Very proud of Roger today, superb just superb play today, nice revenge and a chance to move towards a historic 7th WTF, lets see how it all plays out.

Bravo for today though, at 38 years old no less!

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Another pic

(don't mind me, I'm trying to sort out some posting issues in this new forum)

·
Registered
965 Posts
Wimbledon 2018 Federer loses to Kevin Anderson having a MP, loses first match of the WTF RR, beats Anderson in the last RR to get to the semis
Wimbledon 2019- Federer losed to Novak Djokovic having MPs, loses first match of the WTF RR, beats Djokovic in the last RR to get to the semis

There will never be compensation for the Wimbledon final loss, like ever...But man this felt good, really good!!! Go get the title now....

Take home message- Never count this man out till he hangs up his racquet.... Whata win!!!

·
Registered
17,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Amazing match by Roger, he really need that kind of match, he defeated all top players this years with the exception of Zverev and Thiem. Let's see what happen tomorrow :D

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Federer down a break 4-2 :( damn that missed overhead.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Fed had triple BP but couldn't convert any of them :rolleyes: Tsitsipas leads 5-2

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Tsitsipas takes the first set 6-3. Fed had chances to break in the last game, but also saved 6 set points before Stefanos was able to take the set.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
after getting broken in the second set, Fed finally breaks back... on the 10th bp of the match! 2-2

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Fed broken again. :cry:

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Tsitsipas wins 6-3, 6-4 :(

Stefanos was really good, but Federer was 1/12 on BPs and had too many FH errors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The old problem where he just couldn't convert almost any breakpoints. Also really didn't help to lose serve right at the beginning. Had Tsitsipas down 0-40 twice and failed to break (and Tsitsipas was missing first serves on plenty of those points, missed quite a few returns off second serves), had him down 15-40 in the last game too and just could not convert. He exerted a lot of energy in those games trying to break but didn't get the payoff, and that kind of thing is even harder to rebound from for him nowadays I would think.

Still played some fantastic points and showed he can move extremely well even now, I thought many points were top notch from Roger, but not on the break points. Tsitsipas played great and really prolonged the rallies but Roger should have broken him at least 4 times in the match. In the first set Roger only served 20 points while Tsitsipas served over 50 because he had to struggle in every service game. Some positives are that Roger can still play at a ridiculously amazing level... he just seems to have more of these games where things aren't quite working the way they should. There have been a number of tournaments this year where Roger really looked like he had the title set up for him, but then stumbled at the final hurdle, this was another one where I feel he honestly should have been able to win it all. Now he wasn't really that bad- that would have still beaten a lot of players. If he had just converted a couple of break points the result would be different- also his serve wasn't quite on today which allowed Stefanos to get into his serve games, and of course he missed too many forehands which happens when his timing goes slightly off. Felt like backhand was pretty good for his standards actually, mostly held his own in the backhand exchanges.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
low energy play today, ah well roll on 2020

21 - 34 of 34 Posts