Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
i just hope he can play at his best level, and we will see what happens- he looked good in Basel.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I like the draw. I don't think Novak's level is all that high at the moment. The general level in Paris was very low.

Dominic is usually poor at this time of year, and Berretini's game is still too raw to trouble Roger.

I think Roger skipped Paris specifically to have a real tilt here. Bring it on!

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Nice to see you, bry :grin2: -- thanks for the thread! :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
So Fed is scheduled to play Thiem on Sunday.

Annoying thing is that it seems I won't be able to see on TV; the Djokovic match is showing up on my schedule but Federer's later match is not. :rolleyes: I understand that MLS cup with Toronto in the finals is top priority, and I get that they have obligations to the CFL (Canadian Football League). But I can't believe they're gonna air a NASCAR race over tennis. :facepalm: :mad:

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Roger broken in the first game. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Roger gets the break back. :yeah: 2-2.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I’m only following the scores as I’m heading into work.

Good luck Roger.

Nice seeing you here Kat

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Damnit! Thiem breaks at 5-5 and will serve for the set. :frown2:

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
First set to Thiem 7-5. :| Roger isn't playing badly, it's just close and came down to a couple of points.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Second set winds up like the first: Thiem breaks Federer at 5-5 and will serve for the match. :frown2:

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Thiem wins 7-5, 7-5. :frown2: Fed had some BPs in that game but it was not to be.

Doesn't look great now for Fed -- doesn't seem that he's in good enough form to beat Novak, so a win here was really a must. :sad:

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Almost out of the tournament now.

Will depend on others results now to get him thru.

Really disappointing season since that Wimbledon MP meltdown. :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Saw some of today's match. Roger looking better but still not great. Djokovic is gonna be tougher than Berrettini :p

Need to cut down on FH errors

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Took the day off work so I'm watching the match. Fed is up a break in the first set! ? ( <-- we don't have the dancing banana anymore :( so here is a peeled, non-dancing one )

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Roger wins the first set 6-4! :love:

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Roger's serving in the first set was amazing. Novak looks out of sorts in general. In the second set, Fed had chances to break right away, but didn't. Then Novak had BPs for the first time but Fed saved them, and broke Novak in the very next game. :D Roger leads 4-2.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
Woooooo!! Roger breaks Novak to win the match, 6-4, 6-3!! ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts