Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got anything at all? I mean first they said it was gonna be back runnin around 12-12:30, now the last I heard was 4:00pm, its actually 5:25pm right now for me! So the board should have been up by now if Im right? What is up w/ these people! I know one thing, like i said before, they are taking so long w/ this board, it better be a whole new deal when it's up running again. I mean, when i get on, i better not know where a damn thing is, it better be a big ass change, they took so long, and are still taking forever, it better feel like im a new damn member. just don't know where nothing is. This really to me is rediculous. They don't even update you reguarly. I mean their first update we got, but its been 5 hours since! What is up w/ these people, too much drama today! in scottsdale and on wtaworld.com!

·
Registered
12,277 Posts
Wtaworld.com is a very large board with lots of users..if they are doing upgrades and maintenance then it's to be expected that it will take several hours. They arn't being unreasonable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes they are being unreasonable, b/c they could've gave us another damn update by now! they gave us 1, and its been 5 hours overdue....so it would've been nice to know what is going on!

·
Registered
37 Posts
they're being unreasonable because every time the site goes down they give us an unrealistic estimate of when it should be back up. they should either not give us estimated times or make the times more realistic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Probably they are updating one thing. My biggest fear isn't that it's almost nearly the same, the worst thing is they don't test it out completely and when you sign on half the functions don't work. Now that would suck :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
I liked the previous maintenances when the engineers / admins were posting some updating comments to keep us informed of the situation and why there were delays compared to announced schedule :) .

·
Registered
97 Posts
They work extremely hard to provide a free service to us and I greatly appreciate that.

HOWEVER, we are addicted ;) and I know most of us were expecting to be back online tonight. Now the new update is for tomorrow morning. I'd rather have a "pessimistic" time of return than an optomistic one. That way, we are surprised when it is onlien earlier than expected ;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well it would appear that we have to wait some more. 10am tomorrow morning is the new estimated time, so if patience is a virtue, then I shall try and be virtuous for once.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know it...i ain't hatin, but this does not suit my damn taste! u know! but about the only thing i would like to see is getting back that avatars or whateva the hell they was called, i wann get a good pik of me or serena/venus on there!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't think that they're being unreasonable whatsoever.

Most of the time when they say something, the time that it ends up taking is a little longer than what they say it is - they're just being optomistic.

I'm sure it will be up sooner anyway :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here's a new update:

WTAWORLD IS DOWN FOR UPGRADES
Current estimated reopening time: 10am GMT, Friday

WTAworld.com is currently down for essential upgrades and maintenance.

- Update 00:37 GMT -

We apologise for the extended delay in restoring service. The upgrade went well and was performed according to schedule. Unfortunately, due to the sheer size of the WTAworld database, maintenance and synchronisation of our systems is taking a little longer than was originally anticipated.

As part of the upgrade, we'll be unveiling a host of new features and enhancements to the software we hope you'll like. So there's a reason to stay patient and stick with us just a little bit longer. See you on Friday!

- end of update -

1 - 20 of 22 Posts