Mens Tennis Forums banner

161 - 180 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I have nothing with wrestling but was about to post here that people should watch John Oliver about the WWE. Interesting to hear you guys your opinion about it. I was quite shocked that the abuse of wrestlers was this outrageous.
He's right, they definitely exploit wrestlers, especially the health insurance issue. What I hate most is the fact that they have no off season, so WWE wrestlers wrestle all year round all around the world with 2 days off a week. One of those which is spent traveling. Compare that to Japan, where they usually wrestle 2 times a week and most of time it's tag team matches, which puts less stress on the body. On the other hand, Japanese wrestling is more brutal than WWE. In other words, wrestlers are f***ed either way.

I personally don't mind seeing fake punches or fake kicks, as long as the wrestlers tell a story. I rather wrestlers not risk their body for my entertainment.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
I can't believe how well Drew McIntyre is being pushed now, after they butchered his character several years ago, and relegated him to a lower card and sidekick.
Saw him live vs the Big Show in Sydney, back in 2010 or 2011, of course the Big Show knocked him out with the big punch.
When he left, he went to the indies and then to Imapct (TNA) and killed it everywhere he went. WWE had to bring him back as he was the hottest thing in the indie scene.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I thought Mania was poor.

Kofi and Shane matches good.

Not many MOMENTS bar Cena which was class.

Why keep taker for night after??

No Kevin Owens

A lot of disappointment. To be expected in this awful PG era

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
From PWInsider

Vince being Vince

WWE Creative team member Robert Evans was let go by World Wrestling Entertainment over Wrestlemania week, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Several sources have told PWInsider.com that Evans was let go at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony after a speech he had produced featured a mention of Vince McMahon. McMahon has strongly stressed for years that he does not want to be mentioned or praised during the Hall of Fame ceremony, to the point it has become something of a running joke.

When McMahon's name was mentioned, sources stated that Evans took the blame as writer and producer of that segment. One source stated the firing took place at the gorilla position as the Hall was ongoing.

According to Stu Carapola’s WWE Hall of Fame coverage, Bret Hart’s induction speech included the story of the first time Vince McMahon reacted to the Hart Foundation and praised their work. There is no confirmation as to whether Evans worked on that specific speech yet."

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Is anyone watching AEW debut tonight. I just bought it on itv box office for about £15. The weekly shows will also be on itv, which is freeview tv here, brilliant.
Didin't watch it due to time difference. But I saw all the highlights and it looked liked a great one.

The Jericho - Omega, Cody Dustin, and the Young Bucks Lucha bros were spectacular from what I could see. The other matches were decent too. Great time for wrestlers and wrestling in general, maybe not for the WWE executives though.

·
The special one
14,042 Posts
Didin't watch it due to time difference. But I saw all the highlights and it looked liked a great one.

The Jericho - Omega, Cody Dustin, and the Young Bucks Lucha bros were spectacular from what I could see. The other matches were decent too. Great time for wrestlers and wrestling in general, maybe not for the WWE executives though.
I actually didn't watch all of it last night, I taped some of it and I've just got round to watching it all now.

I must say that was the best non wwe PPV I've seen since WCW were around, in fact wwe haven't put on a show that good in a long time.

The brothers match I thought was the best match, the blood made it much better and had that old school vibe to it, pity Dusty wasn't still alive.

I had a feeling moxley (ambrose) would come out at the end, good that him and Jerricho have jumped from wwe and more will probably follow, wwe will be very worried, their biggest competition since WCW with a billionaire funding it that's richer than vince himself, should be interesting times ahead, if they're this good after only 6 months in existence think how good they'll be when more talent come through and more wwe guys inevitably jump ship after their contracts expire. I also think cm punk will sign.

The other matches at the start were also good, I didn't know who most of them were but that's to be expected with a new company with their first show.

Brett Hart introducing the championship belt I thought was a nice touch.

Overall great start and like you said great time for wrestling again, it feels like the 90s all over again.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Any sites for aew ppv?

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
I swear if Brock Lesnar wins the title again, I might just be done with wrestling.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
I swear if Brock Lesnar wins the title again, I might just be done with wrestling.
From what I read, he gets paid over 10 million dollars a year to wrestle less than 10 matches, and on top of that he gets $500,000 per main event.I don't get why Vince McMahon continues to allow him do what he likes.

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
From what I read, he gets paid over 10 million dollars a year to wrestle less than 10 matches, and on top of that he gets $500,000 per main event.I don't get why Vince McMahon continues to allow him do what he likes.
Vince is a senile old man. He think Brock is some special attraction that attracts a lot of viewers. Well the low ratings and half empty arenas suggest otherwise. I liked Brock during his 2002-04 run, but his second run has been boring and disastrous. His matches are predictable and boring. All he does is a few suplexes and a F5. That's it. He has to be the most overrated WWE wrestler of this decade for me. Sadly, he recently retired from UFC, so it seems like we will have to put up with him for a few more years. :eek:

·
The special one
14,042 Posts
I'm almost done with wwe at this point, even if lesnar doesn't win the title, which he probably will, having him ending the streak was the beginning of the end, such a waste.

Nah aew is what I'll likely be watching. It's itv4 as well, which gives it an advantage over wwe being on freeview, I binned sky years ago so the only way I'd watch wwe is by streaming anyway, itv were promoting aew quite a bit before the PPV so when they're on TV I think they'll promote the hell out of it, aew will likely beat wwe viewers in the UK because its on mainstream channel that's free.

·
The special one
14,042 Posts
I watched the Undertaker/Goldberg match. I think this happened last weekend but I just got round to watching it last night and I so badly wish I could unwatch that. These part time guys taking the main event places 10-15 past their prime is what's wrong with wwe, they should push the full time guys instead of relying on part timers.

That was fucking awful, the match was full of botches and both guys were really lucky they weren't seriously injured. In fact Goldberg ended up with a concussion during the match. I've been a fan of Undertaker since the 90s and he's one of the reasons I started watching but the guy seriously needs to fucking retire and stop ruining his legacy.

·
Registered
14,092 Posts
Lads, I am currently in my re-watching old wrestling stuff phase again, and I've found a new love for Orton...

I never cared much for him, probably because I mostly got to know the Viper, and only little of the Legend Killer...

The Legend Killer might be the best gimmick/character in WWE/WWF History.

Pure arrogance, pure skill, GOAT looks, he had it all.... the boldness of his apperance. The genuine insults and superiority.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Last night was good!! Apparently tonight is start of no PG but its unofficial word

161 - 180 of 201 Posts