141 - 160 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #141 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Brutal industry. 4:04, untimely deaths in wrestling vs. other professional sports. McMahon appears to be a certified scumbag. Full on exploitation mode. Check e.g. the stuff about wrestlers deemed as "independent contractors" instead of employees (from 7:58 onwards), despite being precisely the thing that the entire sport is built around, and working week in week out without breaks; even asked to wrestle after enduring a concussion (a typical procedure following a concussion in any pro-league in which player well-being is taken more seriously would be a concussion protocol, which the player has to go through to ensure the brains are not vulnerable). Thus WWE is ridding itself out of all kinds of responsibilities towards the wrestlers; unlike in most other professional sports where there are unions, off-seasons, health insurances etc. (yeah, pro-wrestling is not really a competitive sport by definition, but the demands on physique/body are on par and beyond with most pro leagues).

m8UQ4O7UiDs

·
The special one
14,042 Posts
Brutal industry. 4:04, untimely deaths in wrestling vs. other professional sports. McMahon appears to be a certified scumbag. Full on exploitation mode. Check e.g. the stuff about wrestlers deemed as "independent contractors" instead of employees (from 7:58 onwards), despite being precisely the thing that the entire sport is built around, and working week in week out without breaks; even asked to wrestle after enduring a concussion (a typical procedure following a concussion in any pro-league in which player well-being is taken more seriously would be a concussion protocol, which the player has to go through to ensure the brains are not vulnerable). Thus WWE is ridding itself out of all kinds of responsibilities towards the wrestlers; unlike in most other professional sports where there are unions, off-seasons, health insurances etc. (yeah, pro-wrestling is not really a competitive sport by definition, but the demands on physique/body are on par and beyond with most pro leagues).

m8UQ4O7UiDs
It said video unavailable when I try to click on it for some reason, but yeah Vince is a complete scumbag, not just him Stephanie as well. The Montreal screwjob and his part in Owen harts death just to name a few other shady things is proof that McMahon is a complete scumbag.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I have nothing with wrestling but was about to post here that people should watch John Oliver about the WWE. Interesting to hear you guys your opinion about it. I was quite shocked that the abuse of wrestlers was this outrageous.

·
Registered
22 Posts
They just started broadcasting WWE RAW and SMACKDOWN on local television, channel "six" (Belgium). Good times, I was obligated to try and catch a decent stream to keep track of all the episodes and big PPV events prior to the broadcasting changes.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Same I know what is going on through facebook but will be watching

Big night for Ireland. Will take home 2 titles

·
The special one
14,042 Posts

Yes Becky Lynch in the woman's title match. I think she'll win it. Ireland is definitely well represented with her and Sheamus. Scotland has drew mcintyre, he faces Roman Reigns so doubt he wins that as management love Reigns.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts

Yes Becky Lynch in the woman's title match. I think she'll win it. Ireland is definitely well represented with her and Sheamus. Scotland has drew mcintyre, he faces Roman Reigns so doubt he wins that as management love Reigns.
Forgetting someone? Ha

Im a fan of drew, you never know. If pushing him he might win

·
The special one
14,042 Posts
Forgetting someone? Ha

I doubt Drew Mcintyre wins TBH. Roman Reigns is the face of the company these days so I cant see him losing at Wrestlemania.

I must say right now I'm pumped for Wrestlemania. I spent a few hours catching up on what was happening and I'm pretty pumped for this womens match now, I saw that brawl they had when they had to get carried out by cops. Becky I think is ND to win anyway, Rousey is meant to be leaving WWE for awhile after wrestlemania and a riot would break out if Flair won.

·
6,253 Posts
Forgetting someone? Ha

I can't believe how well Drew McIntyre is being pushed now, after they butchered his character several years ago, and relegated him to a lower card and sidekick.
Saw him live vs the Big Show in Sydney, back in 2010 or 2011, of course the Big Show knocked him out with the big punch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can't believe how well Drew McIntyre is being pushed now, after they butchered his character several years ago, and relegated him to a lower card and sidekick.
Saw him live vs the Big Show in Sydney, back in 2010 or 2011, of course the Big Show knocked him out with the big punch.
I second that, last week he was whopping The Shield's asses one by one and I was like "wait, that's Drew from a couple of years back who got smacked around a lot?". They probably consider him to be a decent heel. Anyway, I like the Irish accent, it accents the sport in a certain way.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Finn FKn Balor!!!!

·
6,253 Posts
I second that, last week he was whopping The Shield's asses one by one and I was like "wait, that's Drew from a couple of years back who got smacked around a lot?". They probably consider him to be a decent heel. Anyway, I like the Irish accent, it accents the sport in a certain way.
It's actually a Scottish accent with Drew mate, but any foreign accent is a good one.
Can't believe there are a couple of Aussies in the Divas draw now too, of course they speak in a broad accent, and not a cultured one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's actually a Scottish accent with Drew mate, but any foreign accent is a good one.
Can't believe there are a couple of Aussies in the Divas draw now too, of course they speak in a broad accent, and not a cultured one.
Shit, sorry, I don't know how I overlooked that one :grin2:. Thanks for the correction!

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
They gave all the major faces wins. I thought one of Kofi, Rollins or Becky would lose.
The two SNL guys involvement in the battle royale turned out better than I expected.

141 - 160 of 201 Posts