Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if there was a wrestling thread on this site, but I just wanted to see if there were other fans of wrestling here. I've seen a few posts mentioning wrestling so I figured I make a post.

I used to watch wrestling as a kid, usually, Torrie Wilson, WWF (back when it was WWF)and WCW. Then I got older and stopped watching but in the past few years I've gotten into it again. I do enjoy the stuff, the sacrifice and risks these guys and women put into it to entertain us. I also enjoy watching how finishers are done and how the person taking the move prevents himself from getting severely hurt. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how Finn Balor doesn't injure people when he does his 'coup de grace'. I do enjoy the storylines when done right as well.

I just wanted people to say anything about wrestling, why they like it, their favourite wrestlers, favourite match, favourite promotion, basically anything.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
I love doing oil wresting with my bff

She kick my ass most of the time but its fun

·
Registered
8,964 Posts
i used to love wrestling but it's just vecome such crap these days. i check it out every now and then . the starts of today just can't compare to the stars of the 90's and early 2000's when you had names like kevin nash, shawn michaels , trish stratus , the rock and rey mysterio. now you have a.j styles and john cena, alexa bliss and daniel bryan the miz(and i mean..what the hell is that?). it's just not comparable. wresting today is a joke. it's no wonder they're having to bring back the stars of the past

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I used to watch it in the late 90's early 2000's, I was (am) obsessed with Lita, she was my hero growing up. I used to love the Rock and Stone Cold etc, but pretty much gave up when Cena became the 'star' his gimmick was so cringe, I just don't see the appeal. I do like the new female wrestlers, Charlotte, Becky, Sasha and Bliss, so I was quite excited about the PPV last night and thought it was really good for the first time in years. I'll watch it as long as Lita is around, she is the one person, who if I met, would probably have to deal with me crying and hyperventilating.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Love wrestling! Not so much anymore (no time, has changed a lot). I loved the old territory/ promotion days and was watching growing up when Vince McMahan and the WWF slowly took over and destroyed the old territories.

I am a big Bret Hart guy, also loved the Macho Man, Roddy Pipper, and Ric Flair.

I also liked the old NWA/ Crokett promotions and some of the great tag teams and original wrestling stables - 4 horseman etc.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,637 Posts
I've think I've grown past that :lol: but despite the corny aspects, and some obvious staging, there's something exhilarating about watching it. Ah those days.

MTF might be more fun if tards had actual wrestling matches :rolls:

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Yep i still watch.

Its absolutley shit now but because i was so in to it, i still watch to see what happens or if it will improve again.

Wwe Network is amazing though. The best years of wrestling was 98-2008. So i have started to watch again these years as if happening right now. Watching Raw and then Smackdown of each week. Pretty fun

·
Registered
14,092 Posts

·
The special one
14,041 Posts
I used to watch it in the late 90's early 2000's, I was (am) obsessed with Lita, she was my hero growing up. I used to love the Rock and Stone Cold etc, but pretty much gave up when Cena became the 'star' his gimmick was so cringe, I just don't see the appeal. I do like the new female wrestlers, Charlotte, Becky, Sasha and Bliss, so I was quite excited about the PPV last night and thought it was really good for the first time in years. I'll watch it as long as Lita is around, she is the one person, who if I met, would probably have to deal with me crying and hyperventilating.
Yeah, the attitude era was the best, that was when I started watching, during the Monday night wars. Of course wwe (wwf) and wcw were shown in a Friday night in the UK back in the day before Internet completely took over, I remember watching raw on Friday night was the highlight of the week, I used to spend all week at school looking forward to it.

Cena has a lot to do why its so shit. They decided to use kids as their target audience and neglected the older wrestling fans.
Love wrestling! Not so much anymore (no time, has changed a lot). I loved the old territory/ promotion days and was watching growing up when Vince McMahan and the WWF slowly took over and destroyed the old territories.

I am a big Bret Hart guy, also loved the Macho Man, Roddy Pipper, and Ric Flair.

I also liked the old NWA/ Crokett promotions and some of the great tag teams and original wrestling stables - 4 horseman etc.
The 4 horseman were one of my favourites, they have the 4 horsewomen now, which is just a poor version, which includes flairs daughter. It will never be as good as it was, 1998-2002 was the best period for me.
Yep i still watch.

Its absolutley shit now but because i was so in to it, i still watch to see what happens or if it will improve again.

Wwe Network is amazing though. The best years of wrestling was 98-2008. So i have started to watch again these years as if happening right now. Watching Raw and then Smackdown of each week. Pretty fun
Yeah, I watch sometimes still, although not as much anymore. I also have the network, its worth it just for the PPVs

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Sorry, but have to break the hard cold truth to you:

IT IS FAKE!!!!!!

Lol never understood why so many people blindly follow and watch this staged ridiculous thing.
The world would simply be a much better place without it.

:shrug:

·
The special one
14,041 Posts

IT IS FAKE!!!!!!

Lol never understood why so many people blindly follow and watch this staged ridiculous thing.

So what. It's sports entertainment at the end of the day, if you don't like it, that's your deal, but the injuries, like the broken necks and backs are all real. Try telling some of these guys like Stone cold and edge that had to retire early because of a broken neck that it's fake.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
So what. It's sports entertainment at the end of the day, if you don't like it, that's your deal, but the injuries, like the broken necks and backs are all real. Try telling some of these guys like Stone cold and edge that had to retire early because of a broken neck that it's fake.
IT IS FAKE! Even little kids know it. Deal with it.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
The outcomes are obviously predetermined, but the hazards are very real.
I think of them as stuntmen/women, they plan things out and learn how to take moves, but they are still getting thrown about 5 times a week. You only have to look at the state of some retired wrestlers to see how dangerous it is. There is a reason why they take concussions so seriously now.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
The TV shows and movies you watch are fake.

Never understood why so many people blindly follow and watch those staged and ridiculous things.
The world would simply be a much better place without them.
Comparing movies and TV shows with fake staged "sports" :facepalm:

And quite lame and shallow to be honest.

·
The special one
14,041 Posts
I think of them as stuntmen/women, they plan things out and learn how to take moves, but they are still getting thrown about 5 times a week. You only have to look at the state of some retired wrestlers to see how dangerous it is. There is a reason why they take concussions so seriously now.
Yeah exactly, I don't know how mick foley getting thrown 20 feet from a cell can be described as fake, and then legit injured himself while getting thrown through the cell (which wasn't actually supposed to give way) also undertaker wrestled that match with a broken foot. Try telling those guys it's fake.

·
Registered
21,286 Posts
I watched from 2006-2011 and never again. Edge retirement gave no more reason to watch it and I think grown up past it. I did enjoy it back in the day and I wish I did now but I can’t anymore. I do follow the social media sites to see what’s going on here and there sometimes. But that’s it.

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
Was watching from '93 mostly WWF (My grandfather got me interested in it). Stop watching when life got busy and crazy around 2003 but witnessed the Attitude Era. Have watched a bit of the stuff today but it's just not the same. The stars today are really good but the writing and booking decisions have been nonsensical to the point that they can't build any believable stars.

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts

IT IS FAKE!!!!!!

You know...if there is something you don't like and have no interest in why on earth would you go in that thread? Maybe just once...leave it alone.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts