Mens Tennis Forums banner

Would you switch lives with a Big 3 player?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic, or Nadal, or Federer.

So you get huge amount of money, pride, popularity, etc. Or you would prefer to be youself?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
No. If I had to switch with a pro player it would be someone less famous but still with a relatively good amount of prize money. So actually I don't want to be a pro tennis player, I just want a couple of millions..

·
Registered
509 Posts
No, but I would switch talents with a big 3 player so I would be capable of winning slams, not in their body or lives but myself, now that would be quite something.

Imagine Federer or Nadal or Djokovic one day suddenly start losing 6:0 6:0 against everyone, and then suddenly some new unknown player starts going deep and even winning slams out of nowhere lol.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
I mean I can't think of anything more enticing than being Xisca's trophy husband.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Yes i would definitely. But only with Fedal and not with Djokovic. I would let Djokovic stay just that way..>:)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Well, I played tennis at quite a high level, and one thing I learnt is that I don't like tennis enough to completely prioritise it at the expense of virtually everything else.

By the time I was 13, I was bored of playing. I got ill one week, and couldn't go to practice. I actually enjoyed that weekend more than playing on the LTA national squads in which I used to participate. I just didn't go back. I never played again, except that I played for my school team to get out of school. We did pretty well, we got to the British finals, we were the first comprehensive school to get to reach the British finals.

But I know that I couldn't put in the work required to be a top player. It is boring. You can't even really enjoy the money, because all you do is train-practice-compete-rest-train-practice-compete-rest. And you can't eat what you want, or drink what you want. I wouldn't mind having the post-tennis career Federer lifestyle, though.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
No, I would hate being famous. Numerous studies have shown that great wealth, fame, etc., isn't what makes people happy—of course, most people don't actually believe that for themselves. ;) What does make people happy is having strong, fulfilling relationships; doing work/activities that you love; and contributing to the well-being of others and the world at large.

I think being rich and famous would be very stressful, and constricting—especially with all the shallow social media these days. Apparently rich people are also filled with constant worry about losing all they've amassed—no joke. Besides, if you're rich and famous, how do you know if you have any real friends? In fact, how do you know that your spouse even loves you for you—and would stick with you if you lost everything? You don't. ;)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts